Phantom flies very erratically, please help!

Reaction score
JDI Phantom Problem.
Can someone please tell me what is wrong with my JDI Phantom? It now flies very erratically. After the LEDs show that it has found the satellites and it has recorded the home point, it then shows a second set of rapid green flashes. I re-downloaded the assistant software and recalibrated. Now the LEDs seem to be showing that its ready to fly but it still flies like this and of course crashes right after takeoff. Could this be due to bent props?

See video link. Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qoFed0 ... _hcw365nrg

Your video perfectly captures how my Phantom 2 Vision started to fly after I had crashed into a wooden deck. Other than broken props the copter seemed fine. But even with GPS lock it would not fly right. I had no choice but to send it off to someone skilled in working on these things. I chose Aerial Media Pros. If you look around this forum you'll see many other posts regarding unstable flight. But in the end, unless you have specific electronic skills, I think you will need to send your copter to someone for evaluation and troubleshooting.

1. Did the Assistant software force you to upgrade the firmware too?

2. What numbers do you see in the software for the compass mod value and the gain settings?

You need to go in to Assistant software and set the correct craft -> Under Basic -> aircraft - then click on 2nd box from left

Wow! That fixed it. EMC SQUAR thanks!
Exactly as you said, basic, aircraft, then checked second box for X copter.
Awesome!

I have been having the exact same problem for about a week also. Tried everything. Resets, calibrations, countless compass dances,gain adjusts. Same result. Then found this post with exact problem. Changed setting as described. The Phantom is back. Woohoo !!! Now i can get back to enjoying the thrill of proper flight. Such a simple (and missed) setting.
Thank you all for posting this. Well done.

So does the setting change in the phantom change all by itself? You telling me I didn't have to spend the 30 bucks to send it back to dji service. And all,I had to do is click on the type of ship it was in the assist software?
Mine was flying crazy after a crash. Shaking and loss of power.

I have the same problem but I don't understand what I need to do to fix it.
I have read the post but need help to understand exactly what to do?
Thanks
Todd

Trieke said:
I have the same problem but I don't understand what I need to do to fix it.
I have read the post but need help to understand exactly what to do?
Thanks
Todd
It could be a number of things in the P2. A bad esc, a bad motor,bad naza, bad board. First try a basic imu check in the assist software. If that doesn't help, contact DJI service. I sent mine in 3 weeks ago for the same reason, and haven't heard back from them. Good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl