phantom fc40 user thinking of buying p3 pro

Reaction score
Hi folks I am a phantom fc40 user iv had my bird eight months And had about 300 flights

all in “atti” as I am not keen on using gps Due to fly aways. I got my fc40 modified for

a gopro hero 4 black And iv had no issues with my bird

I do like the phantom 3 pro what I have seen of it And I am hoping to get one in the next few weeks.

Maybe lol Like any newbie I seek the wisdom of experts and p3 pilots so I can work out what

I would need to buy for this bird I use an old Samsung galaxy s3 phone and kindle fire for my limited

Fpv with the fc40 am I gonna need to buy a new phone or tablet to use the pilot app?

As iv said I prefer to fly “atti” what is the atti mode like on the p3? Any issues?

The distance the p3 could fly is amazing but I live in Scotland not the best weather

Types to fly in always windy here. iv had my fc40 up in 20mph winds but generaly

I don’t fly above 16mph winds I did think the p3 would of took stronger winds

Like the p2 or inspire?

Thanks for any help you can give me folks

I used to have the fc40 it was a great phantom to learn with, i personally would go for the advanced as the camera quality is still very good,ive noticed a lot of people having gerky videos shooting in 4k then there is the compatability problem, you will need a 4k tv to get the full benefit out of shooting in 4k plus the video files are huge in. use the extra money you have saved and get either a nexus 7 2013 model which will work well and at a very cheap price or if you want to spend a lot more get the nvidea sheild, you can use this along with fpv googles/glasses if you wish. This is only my opinion and im sure there are lots of them on this subject. goodluck.

If you can hold off buying a new flying camera for a few weeks to a month, you might see some upgrades mentioned or released.. Other new drones are coming out really soon as well.

hi ELHEAPO yeh I would be looking for a cheap solution for the fpv. iv shot 4k footage with
my gopro and edited it for 1080p to view it as my pc and tv are not good enough but kept the
raw footage 4k for one day when I do have a better pc lol
hi buzz313th I can hold off buddy no rush how whats round the corner??? lol

I think waiting is a good idea to see what gets upgraded or fixed. The FC 40 is a proven quad that you do not have to worry about. I installed an OSD and telemetry so I'm in no hurry to upgrade. I do not trust those smart batteries so I did not upgrade yet. Too many people had issues with those Phantom 2's dropping out of the sky. Once I feel comfortable that those issues are worked out, then I'll upgrade.

hi beario yeh I did read a bit about the phantom 2s dropping because of dodgy
esc's in them is this happening to the
phantom 3's as well? there seems
mixed feelings about the p3

hi guys I have another question about the editing software on the p3
if you shoot 4k footage can it be converted to a lower rate say 1080p
as my pc n tv are pants at the moment lol :s

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads