Phantom FC40 prop tests

Reaction score
I have experimenting with props on my FC40.

Phantom FC40
Phantom 2 prop guards
FC40 camera with stock camera holder
2700mah Lectron Pro 35C batteries (highly recommended)
Flytrex with Phantom cable
LED Headlight

45 Flytrex missions equaling 390 minutes of flight time.

I was not concerned with battery time, I was testing props. But I did get just over 10 minutes of flight time with each type prop with the noted batteries.

I tested factory DJI 8" props (both balanced and unbalanced), DJI 9" factory props (both balanced and unbalanced) and Maytech carbon 8.4x4.3" (balanced.) My impressions;

Maytech props - too much prop for my setup. Super stiff prop. Quad not heavy enough. Lots of prop wash. When I came down (heavy stick) the quad lost control, side-to-side and landed hard. Thankfully, I landed on a long grass with no damage. Overall impression: nice props but for a heavier quad.

DJI 9" balanced props - Much, much more stable than the carbon Maytechs, responsive but more noise and flies full stick much slower than balanced 8" DJI props (verified by Flytrex data)

DJI 8" balanced props - Best of the best for my set up. Goes up, comes down and everywhere I point it with precision. I can land the quad effortlessly within a foot of me without fear...

Balanced vs. Unbalanced props = Stability

I just bought a set of carbon Phantom 1 props (with nuts) no name off Amazon. I plan on balancing then and giving them a go. Dimensionally the same size props as FC40 stock 8".

try the thrust booster 9450 props, best iv tried out of almost all that are out there,. if you can find them :p

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub