Phantom FC40 flying overweight

Reaction score
I have Ground Station installed in my Phantom FC40. I also wide landing gear and carbon fiber twin external battery mounts with stock batteries. With the FC40 camera, my airborne weight is 1236grams. With the stock batteries, the UAV flew at best laboriously with a short flight time. But with higher output batteries (25C and above) the UAV flew better with a more predictable flight time.

Any one else have heavy flight experience to share?

Mine "was" a little heavier, at 1294g on stock lipos I got 7.5mins with all the items in my signature below running on-board - but is on a diet but will be flying again with the same extras, but weighing 500gms LESS!!! The weight saving is down to making a CAN-BUS socket on the main board via a sneaky alt, - see HERE , so will loose the PMU unit and the CAN-Bus board and all those cables so saving the weight.

Mine weighs 1400 grams with the gimbal, GopPro, 2700 mah battery and FPV transmitter. Flights are shorter, of course, and it flies slower, but nothing I can't deal with.

Mine is over 1400g I get 11 mins max, 4000 mah, has lots of power & speed ,I'm using the 9450 props ,best props I've tried

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl