Phantom Battery charger

Reaction score
Hello, at my school a parent anonymously donated a P2 vision+ to our robotics team, and since no one used it or opened it our coach gave it to me when I asked him about it. The issue is that it didn't come with a battery charger and I can't charge the batteries. I looked on amazon and found a charger there but it was $80 and I didn't want to waste so much money on that. I also contacted DJI directly but they said they couldn't help me. So is there any way that I would be able to find the connector for the battery online at a reasonable price or is there any other method to charge the battery?

Your best bet is Amazon because it's an older Phantom P2.

I agree, ebay is your best shot. Sometimes apps like LetGo I find deals but far and few between.

If the batteries weren't stored properly, meaning at a 50% charge, they are likely toast. I found this link for an OEM charger,
If you search around you might find a better deal, I didn't find much. OEM replacement batteries are expensive, if you can find them...I wouldn't buy any used batteries off of eBay. There are aftermarket batteries, I would search around this forum and find a recommendation because there are a lot of aftermarket batteries, some good, some bad. A bad battery can drop voltage quickly and cause your drone to lose power and crash.
My advice would be to let the forum know where you are located and maybe some generous pilot will meet up with you and show you how to fly the drone. There are a lot of things to know to avoid getting your drone stuck in a tree or lost. We've all done it and can save you from making a mistake.

Good luck

I looked on amazon and found a charger there but it was $80 and I didn't want to waste so much money on that.
This is funny, "wasting money". It made me laugh. I think most all of us in this forum have wasted more money on drones and accessories than we'd like to admit. Much of it we don't need (commercial apps excluded), but we buy it because we're hooked on the thrill and passion for the hobby, looking to make things more convenient or exciting. Once you get the P2 flying and recording video, be prepared get hooked and start wasting LOTS of money on new drones that go far and capture amazing video/photos. It's the next best thing to flying your own private craft, but way cheaper and less risk. Although drones can be somewhat expensive, it's much cheaper than other hobbies, like motorcycles, horses, side by side ATVs, ultralights, or even high end photography. That P2 vision from 2014 will be lucky to get a half mile range. Add tree obstructions and that can be reduced to a few hundred yards. The latest DJI craft today with OcuSync2 can go 4 to 5 miles, but of course we shouldn't go beyond visual sight of the drone.

This is funny, "wasting money". It made me laugh. I think most all of us in this forum have wasted more money on drones and accessories than we'd like to admit. Much of it we don't need (commercial apps excluded), but we buy it because we're hooked on the thrill and passion for the hobby, looking to make things more convenient or exciting. Once you get the P2 flying and recording video, be prepared get hooked and start wasting LOTS of money on new drones that go far and capture amazing video/photos. It's the next best thing to flying your own private craft, but way cheaper and less risk. Although drones can be somewhat expensive, it's much cheaper than other hobbies, like motorcycles, horses, side by side ATVs, ultralights, or even high end photography. That P2 vision from 2014 will be lucky to get a half mile range. Add tree obstructions and that can be reduced to a few hundred yards. The latest DJI craft today with OcuSync2 can go 4 to 5 miles, but of course we shouldn't go beyond visual sight of the drone.
John, he's 16, $80 is a lot of money to him :cool:

Hello, at my school a parent anonymously donated a P2 vision+ to our robotics team, and since no one used it or opened it our coach gave it to me when I asked him about it. The issue is that it didn't come with a battery charger and I can't charge the batteries. I looked on amazon and found a charger there but it was $80 and I didn't want to waste so much money on that. I also contacted DJI directly but they said they couldn't help me. So is there any way that I would be able to find the connector for the battery online at a reasonable price or is there any other method to charge the battery?
To be honest, before you even think about buying a charger, you need to be sure the batteries are ok. Do a single quick press of the power button on each battery. If nothing lights up then they are toast. If you see any of the green lights light up then at least you know they will charge. But, as been said above, if they've been stored a long time they may be damaged. But if they light up at all they still have enough life to accept a charge

Yes John,
I have "wasted" a lot of money, but I don't regret a single penny of it!! I agree with what you said, it's a passion for the hobby.

All being said, you still don't know if the drone is operational. Perhaps see if there is a shop or someone local who would be willing to put at least one of the batteries on charge for you so you can test the drone. It would be a shame to spend $50 or $80 which you appear to not be able to afford, only to find out the batteries are toast, or worse yet, the drone requires an expensive repair. On the other hand, if it doesn't work out, you will probably recoup at least the cost of the charger by selling the whole package, working or not. Not only a good learning experience but perhaps a good investment, too. You will need to take all these responses into consideration and decide which works best for you. If you are just 16years old, have you asked for your parents' opinion?

Reactions: cneedelman

I use the SunnyLife fast charger on my Phantom 4 Pro batteries. VERY happy with this unit. Make sure it's compatible with your P2 batteries.

1593876651108.png

D

Agreed. I figure if you're GIVEN a Phantom, a mere $80 investment into completing the kit seems pretty reasonable, compared to the thousands I've spent on mine... so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.