Phantom and wookong unit. would it work

Reaction score
After reading the general discussion's that go on the page's of this web site I was wondering' with all the knowledge and know how that is about, has anybody tried or thought of changing the Naza unit in the phantom for the V-2 version and what advantage's it would have over the red unit. I know that the down load's are almost the same on each unit, but, a small but, there must have been some, even though, small differences in the firmware. I do not know which unit has been put in the Phantom2 as I have not seen the inside yet. The other thing that I had on my mind is, would it be possible to put a WOOKONG inside a Phantom, to me it seems a great idea if you use the craft for filming, to be able to set way point's and get picture's, to me and a lot other people GREAT. What are the view's and idea's on this subject, I think if was possible what a topic for discussion, now over to you all.

I know some people have the NAZA v2 in a phantom, and I believe that's what's installed on the Visions by default. I don't know if it'll give you much better flight characteristics than the v1 you have now or not.

The Wookong-M should give you more stable and controllable flight than the NAZA, but there's not really any way you can get one INSIDE a Phantom body as the Wookong (WKM) has a large separate IMU that would require some real creative internal modifications.

Note that the NAZA v2 actually can do 15 (or 16?) waypoints. Not as many as the 50 w/the WKM, but it'll serve the same function. However, to use the required ground station for that, you'll need to also buy/install the 2.4GHz or 900MHz data link unit. (= more weight, more battery use, more space).

It's been done, but why? the one that has one is so packed that you couldn't carry much of a payload. Really a waste, your better off building a F550.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl