Phantom 5

Nobody knows at this point. There aren't even any leaked photos of it floating around yet.

Reactions: chazzm
I don't think the phantom 5 will be release this year. They released the phantom 4 advanced few months ago so I think they don't want to cannibalizes this product.

Who knows, but with the release of the Mavic Pro and the Spark, I'm hoping the P5 will continue with that design philosophy of the camera forward design with the battery in the rear. Folding arms would be a BIG plus.

I'm still pretty sure it won't happen, but I'd like to see DJI batteries go relatively dumb by letting the drone itself have the intelligence. Hopefully that design would bring the price of batteries down. Also, there could be a cheapy device which you could quickly attach to the battery so that you could get its info like charge level and how many times charged.

Keep an eye on Movidius, Google and Intel for any significant announcements, no doubt DJI will want to be the first to employ the latest and greatest offerings from their known suppliers of technology.

Reactions: Shammyh
Some guy on YouTube is posting videos of the phantom x from 2 years ago claiming its the p5. Hes explaining everything its gonna have and he knows all this cause some guy told him. He claims dji needed to get some funding so they released that video 2 years ago. Its just taken this long to perfect it. Well Allrighty then Fifteen billion dollar company needs 500 million in funding so they drop a video of a p5 2 years ago but pics of the spark only came out what, 2-3 weeks before release. I dont think so. What's to say there is even going to be a phantom 5? The platform is getting kinda dated.

Last edited:
Some guy on YouTube is posting videos of the phantom x from 2 years ago claiming its the p5. Hes explaining everything its gonna and he knows all this cause some guy told him. He claimes dji need to get some funding so they released that video 2 years ago. Its just taken this long to perfect it. Well Allrighty then Fifteen billion dollar company needs 500 million in funding so they drop a video of a p4 2 years ago but pics of the spark only came out what, 2-3 weeks before release. I dont think so. What's to say there is even going to be a phantom 5? The platform is getting kinda dated.
If you believe in that then you believe in fairy tales. DJI will release it when they are ready... At this point in time just enjoy your bird and keep flying!

I hope Dji will go back to 94 degree FOV, I cannot understand why they shrunk it down to 84 degrees on Phantom 4 pro! And that focus tap you always have to do on P4 pro, crazy!

Nobody believed me last year when I said the next bird from dji will be a small version and will have hand gestures as controls and that their headset will have head tracking and touch controls.

Next major release will include early stages of swarm control.

Its all.about software. The hard ware is the hardware. Of course it will.be lighter, fly longer and be.more powerful and have a nice camera..but we will see massive improvements in the software and the tie ins between Augmented Reality and our drones.

Cloaking tech and blade silencing is coming soon as well.
When you engage the cloak it will reflect an image back down to the underside. It wont be a "screen" but rather paint that mimics a chameleons skin. Tiny eletrical charges create different hues. Hack can be done to make patterns, patterns will be for sale like skins.

The blades will use some form of noise cancelling. A radical design and materials. Will utilize an electrical pulse down the blade to offset the buffeting heard from them.

I think your into something here- it's likely more about hardware though. The current smarts in P4 and inspire 2 with OA and vision assisted flight modes are enabled by the DJI's buy in of movidius SOC tech. With the acquisition of movidius by Intel it will be no suprise to see the swarm tech, Intel have demonstrated how well it works.

Cloaking tech and blade silencing is coming soon as well.
When you engage the cloak it will reflect an image back down to the underside. It wont be a "screen" but rather paint that mimics a chameleons skin. Tiny eletrical charges create different hues. Hack can be done to make patterns, patterns will be for sale like skins.

The blades will use some form of noise cancelling. A radical design and materials. Will utilize an electrical pulse down the blade to offset the buffeting heard from them.

Romulan cloaking device on the next phantom! Somebodys been watching to many old star trek episodes. Lmao! No way man, that will never happen. Absolutely nothing good would come of it. The people just won't have it and the pilot can't see it either. You must fly within vlos. An invizable drone would contradict that on every level. Dji would never invest in that technology for the consumer market. They would tech themselves out of business. These things are already at a level that has surpassed what the average person is comfortable with their neighbor having. You make it invisible and silent and the public nor the government will never allow that in the consumer market. I'm sorry, no offence but that will never ever happen. If it does this hobby is doomed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT