Phantom 5

If the P4P is lights years ahead of the P4 it must be a million light years ahead of the P3 and P2 Lol
I think an error of basic logic was made in that original statement.

Both the P4 and P4P have a top speed of 20m/s (45mph). Given that the P4 was released first and has a considerable head start, I think the P4 is ahead of the P4P (and measured in light femtoseconds or something, certainly not light-years).

Just want to get this right :D:D

Never going to happen. DJI has seen that consumers are just fine with $700 cell phones with half their features bugged and broken, so why not do the same with drones? It's become Chinese/Korean manufacturing mentality to put all effort into constant new model releases while leaving old models and all their associated unresolved issues in the dust. Just ask anyone that owned a Phantom 1-3.
Yes but phones with bugs don't cause them to fall out of your pocket and break in several pieces or get lost.
Most bugs in smart phones minor.
Even with apps, you don't find them stable only on 20 make/model. I'm sure even with their method of connecting to the RC via USB is unorthodox where some models of androids get confused so you have to find tricks to get it to connect.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Never going to happen. DJI has seen that consumers are just fine with $700 cell phones with half their features bugged and broken, so why not do the same with drones? It's become Chinese/Korean manufacturing mentality to put all effort into constant new model releases while leaving old models and all their associated unresolved issues in the dust. Just ask anyone that owned a Phantom 1-3.
And I do own a P3 purchased just before Christmas as a Christmas present. Right after Christmas, it's pulled off production and no longer sold. Better to have done that during summer so you are more assured to have proper support for a reasonable time. After all Christmas is probably the peak purchase season of quads. The P3A was an excellent balance of price and features. I was targeting a P3A but we found a great package deal for the P3A including 2 extra batteries. P4 was out of our price range and quite frankly still is if we were choosing now. We'll see if DJI will still maintain P3 including firmware upgrades as it seems they botched up the last few, particularly 3.1.2 that they had to be pushed to fix quickly. And I bet it wasn't DJI that discovered the bug but us users that reported our findings to them.

How about DJI hold off on development for a little while and fix their customer service/repair service and QC on firmware/app updates? There should be no reason their apps should be reliable on a small list of androids.
If another company manages to put out quads like DJI and has decent QC and support, DJI will suffer. It is only because it practically has a monopoly on this segment of the market is it surviving.
Discontinue P3 right after Christmas? For shame.

My thoughts exactly. They will suffer badly when Autel comes out with some more versions and better cameras. I've heard nothing but great things about Autel's customer service. From my experience DJI's customer service is terrible and I've never heard anything good about it either.

A very valid question. There is not 'always something new on the horizon'. Ask the poor guys who bought a P4 in August-October if they regretted it. I know I would have.

You can assume the P5 will be announced in 1-6 months. I think the latter of that estimate but that is just me.
You should determine what is the most important for you. Is it flying capabilities and obstacle avoidance? Perhaps you should wait. The P5 should be ahead of the P4P in those areas, it might be a new form factor. But if you are like me and the camera is your top priority, go with the P4P now if you find a good deal. While body, motors, battery and obstacle avoidance might be updated in the P5, I think there's at least 10 months until a camera upgrade, and even more until such a large upgrade that we saw from P4 -> P4P.

Very confident with my P4P purchase. Have not had any issues, solid product.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna