Phantom 5 / when and what to come?

Reaction score
Looking at the P4P (which is a great drone with lots of good features/capabilities) and even further, what are your thoughts about the P5? What to come? When? Any rumors you are aware of?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Time between P3P and P4P was 18 months. Don't expect it too soon, and when it does come, well... I could not care less. There will be plenty of time for me to enjoy my P4P and I don't expect it to go obsolete when it hits.

The P4P might even be the last Phantom. Perhaps the Mavic 3 will be able to hold a 1-inch sensor camera, in 18 months. If I'm gonna upgrade it's gonna be for a substantially smaller form factor or a M43 camera on the Phantom. Or retractable legs, that'd be nice. With kept obstacle avoidance.

The P4P might even be the last Phantom.
That's what people said about the P4 :D

Have no fear. There will be a P5. It's DJI's top selling drone.

As for when, I'm thinking we're going to see it around March 2017. DJI has been releasing a new Phantom model at that time for the past couple of years.

Off the topic, does anyone think that DJI will ever come up with a hexacopter designs (Inspire,Phantom,...) for redundancy, flying over houses and population in more restricted areas such as e.g. Austria?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If Dji ever get round to bringing out a Hex with retracts with the same avoidance , duel imu's, compass ect ect it will be a winner for sure .I love the look of the Yuneec but its tech is way behind Dji .

Phantom 5. My prediction based on DJI's past 3 years:

- Phantom 5 announced in April to June 2017 timeframe, following announcement of the Mavic Pro2.

- The only major issues with the Phantom series that DJI has not addressed is: Legs & Props in the frame. This means the Phantom 5 will move the camera to a different location on the drone (removable camera perhaps so that DJI can sell different versions to a wider market.. novice to pro). Landing gear will be simple collapsible for transport & portability and out of frame.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

With 360-degree collision avoidance, high luminance screen, and that camera being included with the P4P it does make you wonder what there is left for the P5. Maybe raisable landing gear, or an optical zoom?

What might be even more interesting is the Mavic Pro 2. 360-degree collision avoidance? Probably. A better camera? Probably as well but maybe not to quite the same specs as the Phantom. The original Mavic came up just a little bit short in the camera dept. for me, plus I really would like 360 degree avoidance. Since both of those will likely be addressed in the Mavic 2 it should be a very interesting product. And what will they do with the P5 to differentiate it? Stay tuned, and hold on to your wallets...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20