Phantom 4pro battery issue

Reaction score
My company has 6 genuine DJI P4Pro batteries with cracks in the sides of the cap near the screws. Two came with the drone, and 4 were ordered through Amazon, all purchased in Feb. 2022. All have less than 25 charges.

I contacted DJI support and received the following message. It appears that the batteries that came with the drone will be replaced once I send them a video showing the serial number and the crack so they can verify the defect in addition to the photos I sent originally, however there seems to be an issue with batteries we bought from Amazon.

We purchased the 4 batteries from Amazon USA through our company account and they arrived in DJI packaging.
Has anybody else dealt with this?

“We are really sorry for the delay. Checking all the batteries' info, they are all in the warranty period(12 Months and less than 200 Charge Cycles). But we find that the four batteries purchased from Amazon are purchased from a dealer in China Mainland.

DJI does not provide an international warranty. According to our policy, to claim a warranty for the batteries from Amazon, please kindly send the batteries to an address in China Mainland and then send the batteries to our service center in Shenzhen service center. Do you have a shipping address in China Mainland? Or can you contact Amazon to help further?”

Since all DJI batteries are made in China, are they all not originally purchased in China?

We are going to contact Amazon and inquire about support from them, but we specifically bought DJI batteries to be sure the manufacturers warranty would be in place.

Any ideas on how we should move forward with this?

I’ve not seen any evidence that these small cracks present any performance issues.
I had one last week that the top cap had slipped up just a little bit, and got an error message that the battery was not mounted properly and not allowed to start engines. I pushed the top cap back down, and it worked fine, allowed takeoff, but I’m not using it for any flights.

DJI not honoring the warranty is really frustrating.

It sounds like the pilots are using a common method, forcing the batteries in position with a hard slap. It’s best to use one hand pressing in on the top/bottom latches and push battery gently into place, always checking the bottom latch to confirm it’s in place. Abusing the cap will result in cracks. Removal should be done the same way, pressing both latches with 2 hands and pulling with back of hands leveraged against motor arms. Anyways, cracks rarely cause harm in flight.

Reactions: jephoto
It sounds like the pilots are using a common method, forcing the batteries in position with a hard slap. It’s best to use one hand pressing in on the top/bottom latches and push battery gently into place, always checking the bottom latch to confirm it’s in place. Abusing the cap will result in cracks. Removal should be done the same way, pressing both latches with 2 hands and pulling with back of hands leveraged against motor arms. Anyways, cracks rarely cause harm in flight.
Yep. How I always do it. They will last a lot longer. And they have.
That said, A small crack in the cap will not affect how it works.

Reactions: Capt KO
I’ve certainly seen the slam method used. I’ve been using Phantoms since P2, and have had all of the P4‘s except the Multispectral and have never had this happen before. I do click the top, then the bottom rather than slamming the battery. There must be something different in the plastic used, or the mold process when these were made is all I can figure out.

Reactions: Capt KO
The Pro high power batteries are definitely thinner on top. Not smart

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.