Phantom 4Lightroom 5.7 and Phantom 4's DNGs issues (Looks like Crap)

Pdr

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with the Phantom 4's DNG files, they look completely different from JPEG ones (wich are ok) after importing into Lightroom 5.7 or Adobe Camera Raw. Do you guys possibly know why? The DNG files look like crap, with over exposure and wrong profile of colors. Here's a link with a comparison between these two type of files (DNG on the left, JPEG on the right). Why is this happening? Dropbox - Captura de tela 2016-07-18 18.47.54.png

Thank you all for your help.

Pdr.

I tried to download them as individuals to take a better look at the issue, but they are combined as one for the download. Without looking at each individually, can you let me know what filters you used, if any? With LR and PS it isn't too bad to correct either an over/under exposure, but may have something to do with the filters, and camera settings. I am just speculating without having individual photos. What AE or white balance was used? Are you in Manual or P/Auto mode? I always shoot in Manual with the lowest ISO, because I prefer that for post production processing, but that is just me being me. If I am shooting video, I use mostly Neutral Density filters. If I am going for that "wow" photo shot, I use polarizing filters as it reduces glare and enhances colors. I am thinking it may have been a setting adjustment that made it differ for you, but uncertain without the actual photos as individuals downloads. Just my 2 cents worth. When I find a photo in LR that I like before doing much in LR, I will tap the "i" key. It will give me all the photo data, exposure, settings and such, and I save that as a preset for applying. Just a suggestion to expedite any post production processing for future use. Maybe this will narrow it down for you. I forgot to add two pictures of our new Great Dane puppy. The first is darker and straight from the SD card without changes. The second is with the presets I like to include a small vignetted edge, and here is the dropbox link for both photos

Dropbox - Puppy 1.jpg
Dropbox - Puppy 2.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj