Phantom 4

A bit more info is needed. Are you wanting to modify (take apart, rewire, etc) or just something very simple?

I've seen those shields that you place behind your antennas, lined with metallic tape. You can pick them up for less than $10, does anyone have experience with them?

My heart jumps every time I see a momentary loss of connection message so recently I started looking on Amazon for those copper reflectors that go over the antennas. When reading the various reviews, I see conflicting reports on how well these work so I'm eager to see what other have to say about them here.

Personally, I'm a bit skeptical that they can do very much. At best you're trading off transmission that goes 180 degrees for one that goes in a small cone. If you're not pointed right at the Phantom will it lose connection?

I'm a firm believer in the Windsurfer. I use the copper variety. As I said earlier, I've made it out 15,000 feet without any loss of signal strength. Now there are some out there that are pieces of crap and give the good ones a bad name, but you can't go wrong by going to Amazon and searching "Windsurfer antenna Phantom 4". Best $20.00 you'll spend. I recommended them to another member over a month ago and he was very pleased with the results he got.

You do need to be pointed in the general direction of the Phantom. You don't have to be spot on by any means, but as long as you are pointed towards the phantom you'll be fine.

... going to Amazon and searching "Windsurfer antenna Phantom 4"

I just did that search and the US store doesn't list any Windsurfer antennas for the Phantom 4. The best reviewed similar one I saw is this one. There were some complaints that the holes don't line up correctly, though.

I have the clam shell copper ones and they do work pretty well. Best bang for the buck if you don't want to rewire your controller.

I got my Skyreat copper windsurfers off of Amazon. I was on the fence about their effectiveness but I am a firm believer in them now. I won't without them.

I got mine off of Amazon. If you do find some and decide to go that route, get the kind that fold up (like a clam shell) for easy storage. When I get home I'll see if I can find a model number or something on mine.

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 345
Before I got maxx dbs02 I was using the copper windsurfers with good results, over 16000 feet. The coppers are the better than aluminium.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20