Phantom 4 wants to use DJI Go instead of DJI Go 4

Reaction score
Hi, I’m new to drones and this forum. I bought a used Phantom 4 Pro and use it with an iPhone 5 s. I am using DJI Go 4. Every time I go to connect I get a screen telling me to use DJI Go instead of DJI Go 4. How do I get around this? Thanks

Attachments

• 9F8A756F-7359-48AA-ADBD-1EEB6CC1CA5E.png
    9F8A756F-7359-48AA-ADBD-1EEB6CC1CA5E.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 287
Hi, I’m new to drones and this forum. I bought a used Phantom 4 Pro and use it with an iPhone 5 s. I am using DJI Go 4. Every time I go to connect I get a screen telling me to use DJI Go instead of DJI Go 4. How do I get around this? Thanks
Just click go4,or set up as default app,,,,it's bit normal to have this come up if you have p4 and p3 used on same device,,mine adds litchi to the list like yours,,anytime I conect my usb with rc on this comes up,,,,do you get the option always or just once,,,or as you pic shows ,,do you have another drone,,,try delete and reinstall djigo4,,,,,also turn wifi off if it on
Screenshot_20181126-171846.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just click go4,or set up as default app,,,,it's bit normal to have this come up if you have p4 and p3 used on same device,,mine adds litchi to the list like yours,,anytime I conect my usb with rc on this comes up,,,,do you get the option always or just once,,,or as you pic shows ,,do you have another drone,,,try delete and reinstall djigo4,,,,,also turn wifi off if it on View attachment 105702
Hi ianzone, thanks for the response. I only have the one drone, Phantom 4 Pro. I just deleted DJI Go 4 and re downloaded it. My wireless is off. I turn on the transmitter, then drone, the iPhone, and open the DJI Go 4 app. It defaults to the Mavic 2 so I use the pull down menu to select phantom 4 Pro. As soon as I plug in the cable, the "go fly" screen comes up momentarily, then I get the screen"if you would like to use this device, use the DJI Go app". I can't seem to get past this.

Bit odd,,try having usb already plugged in before powering up,,I always start this way,,-usb in- remote and drone on, then I get that option onscreen, I choose which app,,,because usb already in it does not show or give me other aircraft to choose,, it comes up p4 straight away with the blue go fly logo,,,try this method

Bit odd,,try having usb already plugged in before powering up,,I always start this way,,-usb in- remote and drone on, then I get that option onscreen, I choose which app,,,because usb already in it does not show or give me other aircraft to choose,, it comes up p4 straight away with the blue go fly logo,,,try this method
I have tried different start up sequences but the result is the same. I find it odd that when I start with the USB plugged in and the app open, it comes up as a Mavic with no drop down menu to change it. If I unplug the USB, then the drop down menu appears. Regardless, once I get the screen with the 2 DJI logos, I can't back out of it. The only option I have is to press "go", then it wants to take me to the Internet to download the older DJI Go app.

I have tried different start up sequences but the result is the same. I find it odd that when I start with the USB plugged in and the app open, it comes up as a Mavic with no drop down menu to change it. If I unplug the USB, then the drop down menu appears. Regardless, once I get the screen with the 2 DJI logos, I can't back out of it. The only option I have is to press "go", then it wants to take me to the Internet to download the older DJI Go app.
Gezz that's pretty annoying, do you have another device to try to eliminate device , you metion it wants you to click on djigo,, won't it accept or unable to click on go4,I'm beginning to think this is a device issue!,,djigo4 is increasing in the MB department compared to djigo app ,,try another device see if get same result

I have tried it on my wife's Samsung Galaxy 6, but it does the same thing. The odd thing is that prior to using my wife's phone, my iPhone worked fine. The only reason I tried her phone was to see if the screen was any better in sunlight. On the screen that tells me to use the earlier app, the DJI logos are unclickable. The only way I can move is go to the Internet

I have tried it on my wife's Samsung Galaxy 6, but it does the same thing. The odd thing is that prior to using my wife's phone, my iPhone worked fine. The only reason I tried her phone was to see if the screen was any better in sunlight. On the screen that tells me to use the earlier app, the DJI logos are unclickable. The only way I can move is go to the Internet
Wow that's a mind teaser,,,I go have good search see what I find,,,,have you logged into app with your email,,,,

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that's a mind teaser,,,I go have good search see what I find,,,,have you logged into app with your email,,,,

Ianzone, I have solved the problem and feel a little sheepish! I bought this drone used and assumed it was a Phantom 4. Turns out it is a Phantom 3!! I downloaded the earlier ap and it works fine.
Thanks for your help, and sorry for this misinformation.

Ianzone, I have solved the problem and feel a little sheepish! I bought this drone used and assumed it was a Phantom 4. Turns out it is a Phantom 3!! I downloaded the earlier ap and it works fine.
Thanks for your help, and sorry for this misinformation.
Great stuff I'm glad you sort it,,,now enjoy it take care:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1