Phantom 4 vs DJI Mini 2, which has the best camera and best image quality?

Reaction score
Phantom 4 vs DJI Mini 2, which has the best camera and best image quality?
See the side-by-side comparison in this video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

• Haha
Reactions: Saladshooter
If you want close-ups of birds, get the mini 2. If you want to see your drone at a distance, get the Phantom 😁. They're both great at what they do. I sightsee with a Mavic and fish with a Phantom. Both take beautiful pics and vids.

Both take great video, the Phantom 4 seemed to have a little edge. Sadly, I do not speak Portuguese so could not understand the narration.

But P4P has the best. No comparison needed and in particular not with Mini.
What I'm really waiting for is the comparison between P4P and the new Mavic 3!

But P4P has the best. No comparison needed and in particular not with Mini.
What I'm really waiting for is the comparison between P4P and the new Mavic 3!
Same here Andy. I don't think a few of the responders here knew what the OP was asking. As a photographer I need the best still camera I can get. P4P has a slight edge on the M2P. I own both. Latest rumors indicate the upcoming M3P may have only a 20 MP camera. Serious disappointment, unless it is a new design that performs well in low light and higher ISO. But why would they do that without a MP increase? Just a rumor for now....

P4Pro. All day 1 inch cmos mechanical shutter
Oh yea and adjustable fstop.

Last edited:
Same here Andy. I don't think a few of the responders here knew what the OP was asking. As a photographer I need the best still camera I can get. P4P has a slight edge on the M2P. I own both. Latest rumors indicate the upcoming M3P may have only a 20 MP camera. Serious disappointment, unless it is a new design that performs well in low light and higher ISO. But why would they do that without a MP increase? Just a rumor for now....
Yes. But the point isn't the number of pixels only.
Canon has downgraded its compact G1X to 12 MPx although the comparable cams has 16 MPx already. And it achieved better i,mage quality than the other. Of course it has a bit larger sensor.

Reactions: JeffreyS
Yes. But the point isn't the number of pixels only.
Canon has downgraded its compact G1X to 12 MPx although the comparable cams has 16 MPx already. And it achieved better i,mage quality than the other. Of course it has a bit larger sensor.
So right Andy. As high end digital cameras have reached more than ample pixel counts, I have been only wanting 'better' pixels, not necessarily more. However, with drones, I like to produce large prints and the 20 MP is still on the low end. I often merge to panorama to get wide views and larger file sizes. That helps a bit with sharpness, but anything DJI still sells is a far cry from the IQ of my full frame Canons or my Fuji GFX system.

only way to truly answer correctly
take same photo with both, & compare...
& highest IQ f-stop for both, edge to edge

Thats a disappointment to me as well - BUT just saw today that the M3 is going to have a Micro 4/3 chip- at least for the wide angle lens. And the 7x zoom will only be 12mp.
The micro 4/3 sensor ought to have big improvement on dynamic range and low light shooting. I still only use the P4P-v2 and have been waiting to upgrade. The M3 pro may be it....

So right Andy. As high end digital cameras have reached more than ample pixel counts, I have been only wanting 'better' pixels, not necessarily more. However, with drones, I like to produce large prints and the 20 MP is still on the low end. I often merge to panorama to get wide views and larger file sizes. That helps a bit with sharpness, but anything DJI still sells is a far cry from the IQ of my full frame Canons or my Fuji GFX system.
Hey Jeff- where are you getting your panos printed? And what kind of large prints have you done? I also love panos. Been doing a lot of 6-8 frame / 2 row panos lately. getting over 8,000pixels on the wide side.
Shot this last tuesday - full size is 8671 × 2777 pixels. Thats about the size of my D850 files
This is whole image reduced:
And a crop at 100%

Really would love to see this LARGE somewhere....

Attachments

• 024_092721-Crop-FullRes_45Qual.jpg
    024_092721-Crop-FullRes_45Qual.jpg
    539.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 024_092721-Pano-1200px_45Qual.jpg
    024_092721-Pano-1200px_45Qual.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Reactions: hilhaf
Sorry- just saw this post.
Sadly, I have not been printing any of my pano real large yet.

I too have these multi row-2 and 3 row panos that I know would make fantastic large prints. It’s a matter of finding somewhere I can work with that I can approve the color.

I have no wall space in my house to put them up. I would like to print them for sale but I haven’t settled where to print them yet.

Largest prints I’ve made so far are Costco inkjet prints 20 x 30. With the panos you can usually gang two large panoramic prints on a 20 x 30.
But since Costco pulled the photo labs out of their stores and I have to wait for them to be mailed to me, I haven’t even done that. Their paper is Luster only and thinner than I’d like for big prints.

At one time I had an Epson 4000 printer at home and it was fabulous because it could print 17 inches wide by as long as you want because it had a roll of paper. And I can put custom papers in it. I didn’t use it enough and eventually the heads clogged and the technology had improved past that particular printer. It wasn’t worth it to replace it.

But I did a lot of wonderful panoramic prints 16 x 40“ long for quite a while with that printer.
I also paid for an expensive are RIP software called ImagePrint for the color management and color profiles. Once again unless I was really making money on the prints it wouldn’t be worth it to do that again.

Great video. I used the google translate program to watch this and understand it. This was Portuguese. I happen to own both of these drones and I always keep goin g back to my P4P. Nothing can beat the camera on it. I just bought an Air 2s last week and have not flown it yet so I don't quite how this camera compares to the P4P yet. But the P4P rocks. The mini 2 has its advantages when I need to carry something small like hiking.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31