Phantom 4 video Quality Problems Even After New Update

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am extremely new to the drone flying world, and so far absolutely love flying. However I am loosing my patience with the DJI Phantom 4 video quality. Even after 2 updates and switching from an Ipad to my iPhone 6s, the video taken in 4k or 1080p glitches/is choppy/goes black/ or displays a green screen. The video is choppy on the live feed and on playback. I have a series 10 SD card and it doesn't matter if I am in town, or in the middle of a corn field. Even if my transmission signal is strong enough and says "good" or "poor". Is this more then a firmware issue, and I got a lemon? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Try original SD card that came with P4

I was having similar issues, I think my cable from the RC to the iPhone was causing it. Tried a few different USB / Firewire connector cords and it seemed to fix this issue. This was just before the latest firmware upgrade however.

I had the same problem flying in an urban location with lots of wifi interference. I solved it by doing 2 things. (1) make sure your antennas are pointed perpendicular to your UAV in the sky. (2) perform the "32 channel hack" and then pick a clear channel manually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you viewing the video files on the SD card or just the cached video through the Go app? The video recorded by the Go app is just the live feed, the actual recording on the SD card should be perfect.

Hey everyone, I am extremely new to the drone flying world, and so far absolutely love flying. However I am loosing my patience with the DJI Phantom 4 video quality. Even after 2 updates and switching from an Ipad to my iPhone 6s, the video taken in 4k or 1080p glitches/is choppy/goes black/ or displays a green screen. The video is choppy on the live feed and on playback. I have a series 10 SD card and it doesn't matter if I am in town, or in the middle of a corn field. Even if my transmission signal is strong enough and says "good" or "poor". Is this more then a firmware issue, and I got a lemon? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Are you dumping your files onto a computer and viewing them or just viewing the small files that are cached in the DJI Go app? Kinda curious you said you were new to the drone world but by your name on here you already have an aerial business going??? LOL Just teasing man. Of course you could be a long time aerial still photographer I guess too.

Are you dumping your files onto a computer and viewing them or just viewing the small files that are cached in the DJI Go app? Kinda curious you said you were new to the drone world but by your name on here you already have an aerial business going??? LOL Just teasing man. Of course you could be a long time aerial still photographer I guess too.
I am just getting this business up and running, new to the drone and new to photography. I definitely have a lot to learn. I noticed yesterday that not only did the drone need firmware updated, but the app also had to be updated...duh. This seemed to have worked! Thank you to all that replied, I sincerely appreciate it!

Reactions: KevMo Photog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues