Phantom 4 Test flight # 5

Reaction score
Hello a little video of my fifth flight with my Phantom 4 back in May 2019 I have recently changed to a new video editing program and this is my first run with it. I was using Magix fast cut platinum the new one I am using is Vegas movie studio 16 platinum so much to learn much it’s more technical. Someday I hope to get better with my flying skills and editing I am really enjoying my new hobby.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Excellent video and perfect example as to why there is no need to spend the extra money on an advanced or pro.

Reactions: Hook669
If you could shorten it to less than five minutes it would be much more enjoyable. Good job, keep learning.

Reactions: Weston Ney
Unless you need a camera that's a huge improvement on the one in the original P4.

If he was doing printed photos or tv displays there would be a slight difference, but for jpegs and youtube, there is nothing noticeable.

You have to remember that as technology grows, the camera sensors get smaller and smaller. My galaxy S9 plus has a very small sensor, but it takes better photos than an old SLR with a one-inch sensor.

If he was doing printed photos or tv displays there would be a slight difference, but for jpegs and youtube, there is nothing noticeable.
Having a sensor 4 x larger and a controllable aperture makes the P4 pro camera a massive improvement photographically over the camera in the original P4.
You have to remember that as technology grows, the camera sensors get smaller and smaller.
My galaxy S9 plus has a very small sensor, but it takes better photos than an old SLR with a one-inch sensor.
Nikon and Canon don't seem to have understood that philosophy.
There are big benefits in a larger sensor.

Having a sensor 4 x larger and a controllable aperture makes the P4 pro camera a massive improvement photographically over the camera in the original P4.

Nikon and Canon don't seem to have understood that philosophy.
There are big benefits in a larger sensor.

Take a look at this photo of these news reporters. Five or ten years ago they would have had big giant cameras on their shoulders. But now the only thing needed is a cell phone with a tiny 1/2.3 sensor.

Things have changed Meta4. Even the mighty Mavic 2 zoom is packing the same sensor as the Phantom 4. Autel's EVO 1 and EVO 2 8K model will have a smaller sensor.

Look at this photo.

2020-01-16_14-34-32.jpg

Take a look at this photo of these news reporters. Five or ten years ago they would have had big giant cameras on their shoulders. But now the only thing needed is a cell phone with a tiny 1/2.3 sensor.

Things have changed Meta4. Even the mighty Mavic 2 zoom is packing the same sensor as the Phantom 4. Autel's EVO 1 and EVO 2 8K model will have a smaller sensor.
Despite your confidence in phone cameras, the P4 pro camera with a 4 times larger sensor and a real controllable aperture is a huge improvement on the phone camera ability of the original P4 camera.
Look at this photo.
OK ... I looked at a screen shot from a video of three people holding phones in the air.
But I'm not sure what was I supposed to get from that?

OK ... I looked at a screen shot from a video of three people holding phones in the air.
[/QUOTE]
That these reporters come from news outlets with a shoestring budget and are making the reporters get the image content too- on their phones - because the editors or owners decided that "Good Enough" rather than quality was OK....

I think the point was that 10-years ago a cam with the same quality would have weighed 10 pounds. Bigger is not always better and camera sensors will keep getting smaller whether we like it your not.

I was told in 2000 by so called professionals that digital photography would never be able to match the quality produced by film.

The main point is that if someone showed you a pic taken with a P4 pro and a pic taken with a P4 standard, your human eyeballs would not know the difference.

As I said, the Mavic 2 Zoom uses the same small sensor as the P4S, and the photos are astonishing.

The main point is that if someone showed you a pic taken with a P4 pro and a pic taken with a P4 standard, your human eyeballs would not know the difference.
But that's just not true.
As I said, the Mavic 2 Zoom uses the same small sensor as the P4S, and the photos are astonishing.
But they still aren't a match for the images from the P4 pro or the M2 pro.
If they were in the same league, DJI wouldn't have two models of the Mavic 2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.