Phantom 4 rtk 2 crashes in two weeks / Help in dat analysis

Reaction score
Welcome all.

I have an issue - I had two crashes in two weeks.

First one was on p4rtk which had +- 1500 missions so it might be just his time(I don't have logs and drone is already trade),

but I bought new one and after two weeks he fell down - I saw drone falling down with rotors still spinning, spiral movemnt down(it looked like one of engines stopped working)

Could someone help me witch analysis of flight log?

Drone has been sent to dji service, but I'd love to know what happend before they respond to me.

p.s

First crash: drone was in the air when I saw grey screen and controller said 'mission completed, drone has landed' - it was begining of mission - just before snapping first picture
second crash: drone was in middle of mission and start falling with spiral drop down - i saw on controller spinning camera

I was using the same controller in both cases - is that might be an issue?

Last edited:
The flight logs will be the only real way to get a solid understanding of what occurred. Right now you are just throwing spit balls on the wall to see what sticks.

Welcome all.

I have an issue - I had two crashes in two weeks.

First one was on p4rtk which had +- 1500 missions so it might be just his time(I don't have logs and drone is already trade),

but I bought new one and after two weeks he fell down - I saw drone falling down with rotors still spinning, spiral movemnt down(it looked like one of engines stopped working)

Could someone help me witch analysis of flight log?

Drone has been sent to dji service, but I'd love to know what happend before they respond to me.

p.s

First crash: drone was in the air when I saw grey screen and controller said 'mission completed, drone has landed' - it was begining of mission - just before snapping first picture
second crash: drone was in middle of mission and start falling with spiral drop down - i saw on controller spinning camera

I was using the same controller in both cases - is that might be an issue?

I looked at this some. It appears that there was a loss of propulsion in the right back corner. But, it's not your typical motor blocked or broken prop scenario.

At 562 secs the P4 starts to tumble CW yaw, CW roll and pitching backwards end over end. These are all consistent with right back propulsion loss.
1652109508264.png

If this were a broken or lost prop the current would decrease and speed would increase. If it were a stuck motor the current would increase and the speed would decrease. Instead both appear to oscillate at about 10 Hz.
1652109834407.png

I'm going to speculate that the cause is a HW problem, possibly the ESC. Supporting this is the fact that ESC temps for the left motors was about 20°C higher than the front two.
1652110062462.png

I checked a couple of other P4 .DATs which shows ESC temps being within 3°C.

I looked at this some. It appears that there was a loss of propulsion in the right back corner. But, it's not your typical motor blocked or broken prop scenario.

At 562 secs the P4 starts to tumble CW yaw, CW roll and pitching backwards end over end. These are all consistent with right back propulsion loss.
View attachment 123953

If this were a broken or lost prop the current would decrease and speed would increase. If it were a stuck motor the current would increase and the speed would decrease. Instead both appear to oscillate at about 10 Hz.
View attachment 123954

I'm going to speculate that the cause is a HW problem, possibly the ESC. Supporting this is the fact that ESC temps for the left motors was about 20°C higher than the front two.
View attachment 123955

BudWalker thank you very much for help!

ESC seems reasonable only that L front is also pretty warm..
Engine was blocked after crash - but was also bended by crash and full of dirt,

Now I have to wait for DJI response - I'll post here, what was the reason - hopefully they will diagnose it correct.
It would be a lot easier with the .txt file from the controller tablet if you still have it.
Meta4 : I dont have file from controller, which was sent to service.

Thanks again everyone

To be continued...

View attachment 123953

View attachment 123954

View attachment 123955

Hi, I recived new drone - no explanation what cause that crash.
Dji fixed SDR RF Board in my controller but it was a different issue.
So it might be that ESC
Anyway - thanks for help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31