Phantom 4 problems.

Reaction score
My new Phantom 4 had problems right out of the box. The SD card and camera gimble will not lock in. I sent two emails to DJI support and had one chat message with Mark. Mark promised me that he would send me a return label by e-mail. No label or no email replies for two weeks. I am not too disappointed. I fixed the SD card with an old lever arm from my old RC flying days. The lever arm pivots from the screw that holds the cover on. The arm pivots over the SD card and holds it in. The camera gimbal works well if I hold the gimbal level with my finger while the Phantom is warming up. I repaired the gimbal by gluing two Lego pieces on each side of the gimbal to keep the gimbal from falling too far left or right. All works well now. :)

I'm glad you fixed it and all, but honestly that's pretty crappy you had to MacGyver your brand new p4 together.
That's not a cheapO toy grade drone you got, and there shouldn't be issues like that out of the box. Personally I would've returned it straight to the store, and swapped for a new one. If you got it from DJI I definitely wouldn't tolerate that lack of communication, and would've insisted on a new one. Your call though at the end of the day...
Again, it's a very expensive high quality product that should be free of flaws like you describe out of the box.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT