Phantom 4 pro vs V2.0

Reaction score
Hi guys looking for advice or opinion. How much at this point, having dji discountinued the phantom 4 pro, would be worth to pay to get v2.0 vs just original phantom 4 pro. Would you say that $400 would be worth it? Maybe more? Or less?

Let me know please.
Reason I'm asking is I can possibly get phantom 4 pro for $700 or get the phantom 4 pro v2.0 for $1100. V1 would be returned open box where v2.0 would be brand new sealed.
I think both eaisly qualify for dji care if I choose to.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Ocusync is worth the $400 in my opinion. Other than that, you will not find any difference between them.

Reactions: Tenisyn
Did I read somewhere that the v2 had some yaw issues? And was that resolved?
Also may have seen something that people weren’t happy with firmware updates?
I’d like to have one myself, but I’m a little leery.

Did I read somewhere that the v2 had some yaw issues? And was that resolved?
Also may have seen something that people weren’t happy with firmware updates?
I’d like to have one myself, but I’m a little leery.
Mine is up to date and works exacly as my v1.0. Other than the great signal and 1080p resolution, I have yet to find any difference between the 2.

Mine is up to date and works exacly as my v1.0. Other than the great signal and 1080p resolution, I have yet to find any difference between the 2.
Can you run gs pro on the V2? Or litchi or any other 3rd party mapping software.

You believe there is a substantial difference between the two on signal strength?
I’ve been pretty happy with the v1, so if you have both, you should know.
Can you describe what you have noticed on the signal being better?

You believe there is a substantial difference between the two on signal strength?
I’ve been pretty happy with the v1, so if you have both, you should know.
Can you describe what you have noticed on the signal being better?
The v2.0 has the ability to switch between 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz automatically, improving the signal upon interference.

On my P4P v1.0 you don't and the screen would constantly show green blocks and screen tear on high interference places, making my inspections that much harder to do. I have flown the same missions on my v2.0 and no such problems.

My v1.0 has done 2 fly aways and I have followed the same preflighy patterns on both drones. (Full battery, compass and imu inspection, etc etc).

I no longer fly my v1.0 for work. I used take it out for fun, but now that has stopped as well, since I got my Evo.

Last edited:
They were dated back June of 2018. Thank you for confirming. I couldn't find anything that said clearly that everything works.

how can you say they were from June 2018 ? it states the time and date of the posts at the top of each post and the first one was yesterday
Regards Poppy Ann

...................My v1.0 has done 2 fly aways and I have followed the same preflighy patterns on both drones. (Full battery, compass and imu inspection, etc etc).
Could you expand on this? What happens/happened before, during, and after the "fly aways"?

I have the v1.0 and this caught my attention..

Could you expand on this? What happens/happened before, during, and after the "fly aways"?

I have the v1.0 and this caught my attention..
The first time I was doing a roof inspection. I took off and left the drone hovering some 30' (10m) while I changed some camera settings. While I was changing them, the drone suddenly turned right and went flying down the street towards a building. I switched to ATTI mode and hit the throttle until it started gaining altitude. After my heart stopped trying to get out of my body, I continued my work. Before you start saying it probably was the rebar from the ground or any metal object. I took off from a 500 year old plaza that contained nothing remotely metal.

The second time could have been my takeoff poing. I took off from a gas station. I was flying towards a hill that was being chipped away for gravel. When the drone was some 500-600' (152-182m) on it's way, suddenly steered right and was heading straight towards a highway at full speed. I did the same process. ATTI and full throttle until I regained control.

After that last experience. I only flew it twice for work, until my v2.0 arrived.

Scary stuff!
I’ve not even enabled the “Multiple Flight Modes” toggle in DJI go 4. Didn’t think I had the need.
Did you have the .dat file analyzed to try and determine cause?
I’m pretty new to this but know DJI Assistant 2 and/or other third party software could help.
Seem like there are quite few members here and on the DJI forum that enjoy solving those puzzles.
Let us know if you would be interested in sharing the .dat files for those flights.
May help others to prevent the issue.

Scary stuff!
I’ve not even enabled the “Multiple Flight Modes” toggle in DJI go 4. Didn’t think I had the need.
Did you have the .dat file analyzed to try and determine cause?
I’m pretty new to this but know DJI Assistant 2 and/or other third party software could help.
Seem like there are quite few members here and on the DJI forum that enjoy solving those puzzles.
Let us know if you would be interested in sharing the .dat files for those flights.
May help others to prevent the issue.
Honestly I don't know if they still are there. The fly aways occured 1 year ago and 6 months ago, respectively. My brother borrows that P4P almost every weekend to do a Dynamic Track while he goes Kite surfing. He hasn't complained of any misbehavior from that P4P, but there was a firmware update and various flysafe updates between my last flyaway and the time he started borrowing the drone.

Lastly, after flying with Ocusync, it's hard to go back to Lightbridge. It's just that good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1