Phantom 4 Pro V2 Reviews

I need to roll back the firmware on the v2.0 as I did on my P4P.
Roll back to which version? It appears there is only one firmware version available for the P4P V2.

Roll back to which version? It appears there is only one firmware version available for the P4P V2.
We have a military post nearby that has blocked all DJI drones not only on post, but in my city as well. Earlier firmware solves the problem. Sounds like I need to stick to the earlier version of the P4P.

Got mine!

Attachments

• 20180514_152612.jpg
    20180514_152612.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 317
Reactions: pa2x
We have a military post nearby that has blocked all DJI drones not only on post, but in my city as well. Earlier firmware solves the problem. Sounds like I need to stick to the earlier version of the P4P.

Yes, as I suggested in another thread it is probable that the ability to remove georestrictions is permanently gone in the 2.0. If this is important then stick with the P4P 1.0 until and unless anyone demonstrates otherwise.

Yes, as I suggested in another thread it is probable that the ability to remove georestrictions is permanently gone in the 2.0. If this is important then stick with the P4P 1.0 until and unless anyone demonstrates otherwise.
Or maybe think about the Autel Evo. It is finally in production and coming soon. No GEO whatsoever.

Or maybe think about the Autel Evo. It is finally in production and coming soon. No GEO whatsoever.

Yes, it would be a shame to have to leave DJI products over the geo-restriction issue (which is only going to get tighter and tighter), but with the new DJI models you are now totally at DJI's discretion. This is a non-issue for many, perhaps most, but for those who do need an unlocked aircraft it is a deal killer.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
For the guys that have p4p v2 do u get this in compass screen when checking values? I have seen compass values once and then gone....fly's fine

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180514-172007.jpg
    Screenshot_20180514-172007.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 241
This video hits a few points I have found where the version 2 is really lacking and DJI itself is holding back but I also think it misses a few important issues by looking at things from the "we are just hobbiests" angle. He even mentioned that the Phantom is seen as more of a Hobbiest/consumer UAV and for serious business DJI has things like their Inspire line. While this may be true I have to disagree with this sort of marketing.
Like he stated, DJI could have put the top mounted sensor on the new version. I see that as a major failure on DJIs part. DJI needs to realize that the Phantom and even the Mavic line of UAVs are being used by private and public service agencies for a variety of purposes beyond filming 4k YouTube videos. Fire Departments are using Phantoms for scene safety and observing working structure fires as well as for search and rescue missions. Police agencies are using Phantoms and Mavics for accident reconstruction as well as standoff/hostage situations and also for search and rescue. And you know from my posts on this board those of us in private security are using them for patrols and recording of incidents and officer interactions.
The Phantom models are widely used in industry and public safety roles. It is certainly not a "consumer hobby drone".
I have been vocal that DJI is shooting itself in the foot by not offering a "light industrial/Public Service" version of the Phantom. Something with a simple digital zoom camera and maybe a built in FLIR thermal view. Don't tell me that they can't do it. I have more than 10x zoom on my camera that comes on my old Galaxy Note 3 phone. Most of us flying patrols or search and rescue or even industrial inspections are at pretty low altitudes and just need the ability to hover and zoom in a couple of times magnification or be able to spot any unusual hot spots from a couple hundred feet away. Surely the ability for these features can be added to a version of the Phantom.
Moving up to the Inspire or Matrice series is not an option for some departments who look to the Phantom for its' smaller size and ease of transport in addition to the price.
Nothing I see in this new version of the P4 would compel me to recommend my department head purchase this UAV to replace out P4P+. I also haven't seen anything in the leaked reports about the P5 to upgrade either.

Yes, DJI consumer models will all go to Ocusync because it supports consumer doodads such as the Goggles and such, but LightBridge development is far from dead and will continue in the pro models. Agreed that there is a lot of consumer/pro overlap in actual field usage though.

Last edited:
Reactions: gppms
That is exactly what I did.

Reactions: gppms
I have been holding out with my P4 waiting for wireless goggles. Now I have the awesome camera and wireless goggles. This is perfect.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94