Phantom 4 Pro V2 Reviews

This is my preview of the P4P v2 while I wait for it to arrive...

I really don't think its a big enough upgrade for anyone with a P4A or a P4P to upgrade, but for someone like me looking to get into the P4P line it makes sense. I want to see if the standard P4P props will work on it (i dont see why not) since the batteries are cross compatible. It will be interesting to see if they follow a similar trend as they have with the Mavic pro line. Release the Mavic Pro then a while later release the Mavic Pro Platinum (incremental upgrade) then a year later release the Mavic Pro 2 maybe? If that is the case I doubt we will see the Phantom 5 till much later this year or early next. They don't have any real competition pushing them to get the newest drones out. I suspect they are holding the Mavic Pro 2 until Autel releases their competitive drone then release it like they did with Go pro and the original Mavic Pro

Cheers

My delivery just got moved up to today. This will be my 4th phantom and it’s like getting my first every time. [emoji3]

IMG_2888.jpg

I won't be able to try them until DJI releases a firmware update to make them compatible.

Has anyone determined if the current 05/02/18 version of djigo4 supports the VR 2.0 P4? Also on the Crystalsky. The latest update to the Crystalsky was I believe several weeks ago, long before the announcement of the P4P Vr 2.

I see that DJI did release a newer 05/10/18 version of Assistant 2.
This version loads as Assistant 2 for Phantom and is version 2.0. The older version off assistant 2 is 1.1.6. I have not tried to connect my P4P to the Assistant 2 for Phantom but will in a bit.

Paul Caldwell

Last edited:
Has anyone determined if the current 05/02/18 version of djigo4 supports the VR 2.0 P4?
My P4P V2 connected to the current version of DJI GO.

Reactions: Jake Sloan
Thanks. Curious, what are your thoughts on noise? 4db? difference between the P4P?
All I can tell from videos is that sound seems lower pitched, not the same whine the P4P seems to have.
Paul Caldwell

I haven't flown mine yet. I'm just getting ready to update the firmware after I grab some lunch.

thanks again, looking forward to your thoughts as I am on the fence. If the noise is better I will move to the Vr. and sell my P4.

Paul Caldwell

I haven't flown mine yet. I'm just getting ready to update the firmware after I grab some lunch.

Can you tell us the firmware version of the P4P v 2.0?

Also, does the new Occusync transmission work better than lightbridge- even without Goggles?

Reactions: rhoffart
Looking forward to hearing from you if the Occusync actually is noticeably better than the Lightbridge was.
I've never had a problem with the Lightbridge range. Then again, I usually fly VLOS.

I've never had a problem with the Lightbridge range. Then again, I usually fly VLOS.

Yeah. I fly long distances. The Lightbridge used to work great but the latest firmwares seemed to mess things up. I’d be very curious if the range and transmission seem more solid with the 2.0.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj