Phantom 4 Pro V2 - Limp Gimbal | No Crash

Reaction score
Hey DJI guys! Need a little help!
I have a P4P V2 that was working just fine. I use the smart controller 2. Purchased used in great cond. no crash. needed ribbon repair, fixed and worked great.
I had flown a few times this past month, zero issues. Did the recent firmware update on the Smart Controller. For about 2 weeks (maybe a little more) my P4P V2 will start and do calibration dance and then go limp/ facing down. Theres still video connection and I can fly.
I've seen threads saying firmware is a likely culprit. When I try to downgrade it always hangs at 62%. I've tried NLD, same issue. I guessing there was a firmware issue with most recent update and the anti rollback is preventing a fix. And ideas? I re-replaced the ribbon cable just to cma.
I'd really appreciate some help.
Big thanks!

@rotowash_UAV Hey, thanks for the advice!
I've tried calibrating, connecting, factory restoring... etc everything at least twice. The only thing that won't complete is firmware, which is why I think that's the culprit. I was hopeful the the yaw ECB might correct the issue but I'm hoping to get another opinion.

Reactions: RotorWash_UAV
@Starz i bought this drone used. Had to replace cable because Gimbal worked but no video signal. Had been good for 6 months, no issues. That's why I think I have a firmware issue.

Update - I contacted the local aproved repair center for NYC. After trying to charge me $600 for a new camera and gimbal they said my firmware was corupted and should be covered under warranty. Of course they don't do warranty repairs... Have to contact dji support again ( online repair form still broken) and send it there.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20