Phantom 4 Pro V2 and the Smart Controller - Any Updates since 2020

PhantomWetSuits

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
I always hoped there would be an update for the Phantom 4 Pro to work with the SC but now I have given up on that
and considering adding the V2 To my Fleet.

Were there ever any updates on the V2 and the Smart Controller is there any reason not to use that setup.

I do remember when it first came out that it was limited as to what you could do ,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain.

I always hoped there would be an update for the Phantom 4 Pro to work with the SC but now I have given up on that
and considering adding the V2 To my Fleet.

Were there ever any updates on the V2 and the Smart Controller is there any reason not to use that setup.

I do remember when it first came out that it was limited as to what you could do ,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain.
I understand your pain. I have been flying my P4P for 3 or 4 years with no updates. It still flies great with zero issues...well some pilot issues have been noticed! Great steady platform. I also have a Mavic Pro which also has no updates. I have read about many problems after an update, so maybe it's not a bad thing.
The Phantom forum today has a listing for a 'new' P4Pv2.
I love the portability of my Mavic Pro, so looking to a possible upgrade to the Mavic 2s. Not ready yet, just starting with the 'new drone bug'.

Were there ever any updates on the V2
The most recent update was an attempt to correct the claimed yaw issue that many people complained about. I did feel like it helped.
I‘ve had a couple V2’s and have since decided that I’ll just stick to the V1. Can’t say anything about the smart controller other than it does support the V2. I’m not an update fan, so I’m not up to speed on a lot of those areas of knowledge.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
The difference is that the v2 is Occusync and the others are Lightbridge. That is why your SC will not work with your original p4p

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.