Phantom 4 pro v2.0 - set up after repair

Reaction score
I received my P4 proV2.0 back from DJI for repair from a serious crash that I caused a few weeks ago. (I must compliment the efficiency with which DJI handled the repair process.) I am trying to get everything set up again but am having trouble connecting to the drone itself. I use a CrystalSky monitor, and I can see several apps updating - Launcher, DJIUpdate, Explorer, and System-Upgrade. But they have been updating for hours. This can't be right.

Could anyone tell me the correct steps I should be taking to link the RC with the Drone? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Well, after waiting for some assistance and getting none, I tried a few things. Finally I watched a YouTube video - How to Link the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 to the Controller (dji phantom 4 pro v2.0 - Bing video)

Pretty simple:
- Connect the RC to the display -
- Launch DJI Go 4
- Go to RC Settings; tap Linking Remote Controller, tap OK
- When RC makes beeping sound and indicator is blinking, controller is ready to link
- Press the Linking Button on the drone (near the SD card slot) with a pin or other tool for about 2 seconds.
- When Button turns green and RC stops beeping, linking is successful.

I never see reference to the Link Button. Seems a lot of people get wrapped up in latest s/w, f/w, etc.

Reactions: snowghost
The link button is tiny, and it’s on the body of the drone. You’ll need something very small and thin— the tip of a pen might work, otherwise you’ll need a pin, or straighten a small paper clip, and that should work. Hold it for 2 seconds. Keep hitting the link rc tab, and keep hitting it until you get a message saying link is in progress, or rc linked. You’ll then know that the drone is connected, and you’ll get an image from the gimbal on the screen.
There’s no rhyme or reason to this. It will work when it feels like working, and not before. Sometimes it takes me more than an hour to link; other times just a couple of minutes. I’m doing everything right. I’ve gotten DJI on the phone, they talk me through all the steps, and tell me to send the drone in for service. 5 minutes later it connects and flies perfectly.
I don’t know why all my DJI drones do this. Any ideas 💡?
Thanks—
Douggieboy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen