Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Is Back In Stock!

Drone Master

DJI Tech And Advisor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
It’s officially back up in the DJI store!

0ED12217-7744-49C4-B073-78DA0996C3D9.jpeg

Oh no it’s not! DJI must have found three in a forgotten storeroom because within 4 hours of receiving the notification, they are out of stock! What a joke.

Oh no it’s not! DJI must have found three in a forgotten storeroom because within 4 hours of receiving the notification, they are out of stock! What a joke.
Your referring to the combo with RE goggles. The standard aircraft package is available.

Reactions: Starz
I have to agree with you on the gimbal problems. Plus, seems everyone wants to replace the entire unit instead of finding the actual part that is bad. I have two and they both have dancing cameras. Can't get an original ESC for the Gimbal, all I find are off brand. Going to have to switch to a different make. I have high hopes for the Autel 2, but it is not here yet.

I've seen the autel Evo 2. It looks really good and it shoots 8k video! [emoji33]
I have to agree with you on the gimbal problems. Plus, seems everyone wants to replace the entire unit instead of finding the actual part that is bad. I have two and they both have dancing cameras. Can't get an original ESC for the Gimbal, all I find are off brand. Going to have to switch to a different make. I have high hopes for the Autel 2, but it is not here yet.

Reactions: mwc13
It's still in stock. I just checked. Though I'm sure lots of peeps are buying the thing up right now by the dozen!

What were you all seeing with the gimbal? I've used three of them and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Are you talking about the V1 or V2?

Reactions: gppms and cr6
I'm just happy I have a DJI drone that's not discontinued unlike the other ones I have

What were you all seeing with the gimbal? I've used three of them and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Are you talking about the V1 or V2?

Both v1 & v2 have gimbal motor vibrations which affects the video image! This is unacceptable for a 1700€ drone!!! DJI service in Greece is not allowed to repair it unless it is sent to Germany or the Netherlands for inspection and if anything is found! As you understand you never know what will come back! I had to return 2 v1 drones back and 1 v2 which I sold for this reason!
As for P4 Standard I had a different gimbal problem, the motor stopped working middle flight some times cause camera hung!!!

Both v1 & v2 have gimbal motor vibrations which affects the video image! This is unacceptable for a 1700€ drone!!! DJI service in Greece is not allowed to repair it unless it is sent to Germany or the Netherlands for inspection and if anything is found! As you understand you never know what will come back! I had to return 2 v1 drones back and 1 v2 which I sold for this reason!
As for P4 Standard I had a different gimbal problem, the motor stopped working middle flight some times cause camera hung!!!
Yuck, I'm glad none of ours of ever exhibited this problem. I might rethink grabbing one of these newly available ones... Thanks!

I've got an original Phantom 4 and a Phantom 4 Advanced. I had gimbal issues with the Advanced, I was getting jello in the video and on the DJI forum one of the DJI people recommended I roll the gimbal around manually in case there was something stuck causing it. I did and it didn't work. I noticed I could really feel the gimbal vibrating when the unit was powered on. I also noticed the gimbal was squealing a lot when I was calibrating the IMU, so opened a ticket and a DJI tech had me send in a video of the gimbal squealing, I did and they had me send it to a repair depot here in Canada.

I sent it in and got it back in a couple of weeks, the gimbal squealing was gone and so was the jello in the videos. When I put my finger on the gimbal the vibration was still there but noticeably less than before, and had no issues with jello after that.

With my original P4 however, I can feel zero vibrations in the gimbal.

Now with a couple of weeks left in my DJI Care I bought for this unit I am sending it back again. Last week I was taking off from an elevated platform and it tipped on its side and crashed after falling about 5' down. One landing gear leg was bent over, probably self repairable but thought I'd send it in anyway to see what caused the crash. Part of me was hoping they just replace it, but reading about these gimbal issues now I'm not so sure.

I chose the P4A over the Mavic Pro 2 because of the camera, both have the 1" sensor but I went with the P4A because of the mechanical shutter on it. Despite the initial issues I'd say I've been quite happy with the P4A.

Reactions: chascoadmin
I've never had any gimbal vibration issues ever. And my Phantom 4 gimbal is the jankyest (if that is even a word) thing ever! The yaw arm has been boiled and bent with pliers, the roll arm was replaced, and it's missing a screw or two. So yeah the gimbal is not a pretty sight, but it works perfectly fine for me. No vibrations no issues. (It does have 2 gimbal calibration errors in the status, but every time I manually calibrate the gimbal, which it is once every couple of weeks, it always is successful. Never any vibrations. So I don't know what you're talking about really.
I came from a phantom 3 standard which had terrible vibration problems. The gimbal on the Phantom 3 was much inferior to the Phantom 4 gimbal in my opinion.

the Phantom 4 gimbal seems extremely durable and robust, even after it has taken a terrible beating.

Reactions: chascoadmin
This news really surprised me. Until the release of the Mavic Mini I had thought DJI had given up on producing any new models of any type. Clearly there are two consumer targets, hobbyist and commercial. The MM fills the hobbyist niche nicely with a small and light enough aircraft to sidestep the many new rules in our industry. The P4 meets the requirements in many countries (including Canada) to be flown legally in commercial applications so I guess it was in DJI's best interest to bring it back to life but IMO it is just a desperate effort to keep some sales happening without investing any capitol in a new model. Frankly I'm disappointed that a company that was once a world leader in devoloping quality aircraft has been idle for so long. We've seen nothing groundbreaking from them in a very long time. That being said, this news at least brings some hope that DJI is still in the game and we might see something new again from them. Fingers crossed!!!

My theory is that they are working hard on the mavic 3 Pro. I'm guessing that if it comes out this year it's going to be pretty crazy! But I am wondering why we haven't seen any leaked images yet.
This news really surprised me. Until the release of the Mavic Mini I had thought DJI had given up on producing any new models of any type. Clearly there are two consumer targets, hobbyist and commercial. The MM fills the hobbyist niche nicely with a small and light enough aircraft to sidestep the many new rules in our industry. The P4 meets the requirements in many countries (including Canada) to be flown legally in commercial applications so I guess it was in DJI's best interest to bring it back to life but IMO it is just a desperate effort to keep some sales happening without investing any capitol in a new model. Frankly I'm disappointed that a company that was once a world leader in devoloping quality aircraft has been idle for so long. We've seen nothing groundbreaking from them in a very long time. That being said, this news at least brings some hope that DJI is still in the game and we might see something new again from them. Fingers crossed!!!

I haven't had any gimbal problems with my P4P either, going on 2 1/2 years now.
I think it's great DJI brought back the Phantom.... I just hope they continue this series and come out with something groundbreaking with a Phantom 5.

Reactions: Weston Ney
My theory is that they are working hard on the mavic 3 Pro. I'm guessing that if it comes out this year it's going to be pretty crazy! But I am wondering why we haven't seen any leaked images yet.
My guess is the drone market has evolved significantly influenced mainly by rules and regulations. The Phantom line for example was released in different variants based on whether you were a hobbyist or a professional commercial photographer. These distinct markets have become even more distinct thanks in part to laws. It is has been learned that larger drones are simply too dangerous to the public in the hands of irresponsible/inexperienced pilots. The P4 is now only available in the Pro version for this exact reason IMO. In commercial use the P4 (specifically any phantom style/build) is still a good stable design preferred by many due to its size. Portability isnt always the deciding factor. For those that prefer a smaller form factor and easier portability the Mavic is a great choice. Both platforms have their place but both still fall under the same rules. How many people do not buy either simply because there are so many restrictions and hoops to jump thru to he able to fly legally. It's a big expense for a mere hobbyist. Any new/improved models of either the Phantom or Mavic will still be in the same boat. They have basically become a choice for commercial use and not hobbyist flying. The smaller Mavic mini was genius in that it fits perfectly into the hobbyist market. Cheaper and without all the restrictions but still a fully capable AC. What manufacturers need to come up with now is something radically new that is extremely safe and will force the lawmakers to once again look at our industry to and make changes to allow it to thrive in all markets.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl