Phantom 4 Pro - SD card size?

Reaction score
Hi, I've no idea what the size per minute for 4k 60 recording, but I always like to be recording whenever I'm in the sky, and getting a U3 card would be worth recording 4k60. If I have 3 batteries (1h30mins of recording time) would a 64gb card be adequate or go for the 128gb?
Thanks

Not sure if accuracy but found this after a short google search -

Consider this: One hour of standard definition DV footage requires approximately 12.7GB of storage; approximately 217MB per minute. By comparison, one hour of RAW 4Kcontent requires close to 110GB of storage; approximately 2GB per minute.Feb 15, 2014

Make sure to get one on the approved list (or at least those specs). I bought two sandisk extreme 32’s and have used them quite a bit. Best Buy just had the 128 for $20. Bought one of those too

Best Buy $20. May be the same on Amazon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 280
This one with red and gold label is OK.
But better one is that with red and black label SanDisk Extreme Pro. Faster write speed.
Do not buy those with red and grey label - too slow - might get issues.

Reactions: Andrew32
I haven't really studied the subject too much, and by no means am an expert on this.
From an earlier online discussion I had on the subject, this is what I recall.
The DJI (in my case, Phantom 4 pro) camera transfers it's data to the SD card at a certain, maximum speed.
The Sandisk Extreme SD card's capability of accepting data is well above that maximum.
A Pro card can perform at higher speeds, but the DJI camera/system can't take advantage of them.
I understood the performance gains of the Pro are realized when transferring the data from the card, back to the PC, if you have the appropriate USB reader.
True or?

I got my P4P used with a 32gb Standard sandisk ultra, and yes i get the slow write speed warning. If im spending max on a micro sd i'll of course get the extreme pro, at least a U3. Sandisk recently changed the look of the extreme pro to be completely black with red writing, don't know if there's speed differences though.
20$ sounds amazing, sadly i'm in the UK and will be paying over £23 (close to 30$) is the best i can find.

I haven't really studied the subject too much, and by no means am an expert on this.
From an earlier online discussion I had on the subject, this is what I recall.
The DJI (in my case, Phantom 4 pro) camera transfers it's data to the SD card at a certain, maximum speed.
The Sandisk Extreme SD card's capability of accepting data is well above that maximum.
A Pro card can perform at higher speeds, but the DJI camera/system can't take advantage of them.
I understood the performance gains of the Pro are realized when transferring the data from the card, back to the PC, if you have the appropriate USB reader.
True or?

True. ...I use extreme pro because I can transfer data to my computer at 160 +MB/s. They claim 275 MB/s but I don’t see that on a brand new computer. I’m transferring to a 1TB nvme SSD hooked directly to the motherboard,

I use a 32 or 64 gb card and swap them with every battery change. This way if tragedy happens and the AC goes down I haven't lost previous flights. Cards can also fail. It's never good to rely solely on a single large card. Check out newegg. I've found great flash sales where I've gotten 64gb extreme pro U3 A2 cards as low as $12 each.

Reactions: Andrew32

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik