Phantom 4 PRO questions

Reaction score
Hi, When the P4P releases what prices will be set do you guys think ? Expensiver or cheaper than the p4? And do you think the p5 will
Be released only 2-4 months later ? (About April or March) ? Will the p4 still
Be a good buy ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Assuming the P4P / P5 will come out some day:

I think all we can do is look at history for a clue and remember that anybody who competes with Frank is gonna have a tough time.

The P3P was (I believe) $200 more than the P3A.

Prices for the P3s dropped for the 2015 Christmas season. Then they dropped again in January.

Frank would rather lose money than give his competitors an opening in the drone market.

I suspect that the somewhat premature release of the Mavic and pricing that reflects DJI's desire to kill the Karma has thrown the whole pricing structure into a certain amount of disarray. They have to find a price niche somewhere between the Mavic and the Inspire, and it's features have to justify the pricing. The Mavic has a pretty robust feature set (Occusync, additional IOC modes, etc), so it will be interesting to see what the P4P or the P5 will bring to the market.

My guess is that the P4P will come in at the same current price as the P4, but it will only be a modest upgrade. Maybe just addition of Occusync (I think they have to do that because of the soon-to-be-released DJI Goggles). My guess is that the P5 is where we'll see substantive improvements...likely related largely to the camera system and maybe the gimbal.

Just a guess.

MacCool. I think you are right. Can't compete with the Inspire to much. The price of the P4 is dropping like a rock. What the P4 originally came out for, $1399, would be a safe bet.

The P4P better have some significant advantages. The P4 today is pretty darn good, other than a camera sensor that's been around a few years. Their best move would be a better camera, such as the Z3, or a fixed focus micro 4/3 camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers