Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian Order Thread

How do you know it just hasn’t been painted? Congrats
fb89a3e14e4d70116db4264be46e906a.jpg

Thanks! The s/n checks out and the box seems pretty legit lol.

Reactions: Newbieguy
What are your thoughts on the gimbal? Does it appear to have any coating on it or is it bare metal?

What are your thoughts on the gimbal? Does it appear to have any coating on it or is it bare metal?
This is my first phantom so I can't compare the actual systen but the gimble seems nice and video is smooth as silk :) and there definitely is a coating on of it some type.

I think the gimbal has been redesigned due to the issues the original had but they are not saying it. Can't wait to see reviews of this when it comes out

Last edited:
I am practicing tremendous restraint NOT to purchase the Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian because I have a sneaking suspicion that DJI is trying to dump their surplus of shells by painting them in order to start mass producing their next model of drone in a couple of months. Just a wild guess.

Reactions: Dronefriend
I've seen a few of them pictured on the forums but was wondering if anyone on here has their pre-orders in and have you received notice of shipping yet? If you have your pre-order in when did you order and when did you receive or get shipping notice. Let's see if we can figure out when these are getting released and shipped.

Ordered one from DJI direct and they stated 3-5 weeks and that was 3 weeks ago and no word yet.

I ordered from @Advexure and hope that we will fly soon

Yes, pre-orders are being fulfilled and will continue throughout the week. Plenty inbound to fill pre-orders and then maybe some from there. Hope you enjoy your Obsidian! Safe flying.

Reactions: Stan1915
So did mine. Advexure is super responsive. A total pleasure to work with.

Phil D.
Advexure has always shipped super fast and 99.9% of the time they have what I am looking for in stock. If they don't have it then usually nobody has it. They will answer messages usually that day but no later than the next day. Sometimes I wonder if they sleep there.:)

Reactions: Advexure
So I purchased a white one a month ago, but when I saw the black decide I wanted it. I ordered last week got it in today. So the black is matte gunmetal. The gimbal is a different material then the white. The other had a powder coating the black has more metal feel. I feel like the stability when you hover is not as stable as the white. The material of the black actually feels cheaper then the white even on controller. It is easier to see in air then white, but harder to see low with trees and grass. So there are give and takes. Not to sure if I like it better or not.

My Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian shipped today! If you would like to order they are in stock and ready to ship at @Advexure. They ship out same day if order is in by 4PM Pacific Time. Here is a link for you DJI Phantom 4 Pro – Obsidian Edition | Advexure

Thank you for the shout, @Stan1915, and glad your P4P Obsidian is inbound! Enjoy it and safe flying.

So did mine. Advexure is super responsive. A total pleasure to work with.

Phil D.

We appreciate your kind remarks and feedback. Enjoy the Obsidian, safe flying, and our team looks forward to working with you in the future.

I saw the IN STOCK at Advexure too late, after I placed the order from DJI.

Part of me feels like I should've waited a couple of weeks to see if Black Friday offers any deals but having sold my P4 this week, I feel "naked" without a Phantom Series AC.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl