Phantom 4 Pro+ had a boo boo.

Reaction score
Don't allow people to come up suddenly and interrupt while landing one's aircraft. My drone caught the tip of a tree branch. One of the blade guards caught the tip and it dropped ten feet landing upside down. The battery popped out but seems to work. I tested the AC at home two propellers attempt to start upon startup but the other two on the other side do not move. I have jobs scheduled. What would be the best direction to begin in a repair cycle? Within the repair world, who seems to be the most reliable? Thanks for your time with a reply.

Try cleaning out any dirt that might be in the motors. Shake it up side down, vacuum out and then blow it out good with can air. After that, then check and see if the motor will spin freely by hand.

No dirt, actually the AC looks good. One of the clear caps of the led light popped off. Blades all in one piece. The motors are at least the first issue. Landing on its head makes me wonder what invisible issues may have taken place. I found a repair company that says it is licensed by DJI. It is located in New Jersey. Has anyone come across this repair service? Does anyone wish to recommend a responsible repair service? Thank you.

It is difficult to manage issues with people approaching- particularly so when you aren’t on private property. Unless the person who interrupted you man handled your controller it’s hard to understand how they might be responsible for you flying into a tree.

You may find the tree branch prevented one or more props from rotating, locked rotor currents far exceed the rating if the ESC output inverter
mosfets so to find one or more threw a leg out if bet would not be a surprise. You are probably up for an ESC board and whatever else is broken. If your camera is in good shape repair is probably a good proposition.

You haven’t included your location details- they might assist people in recommending a repairer.

If you are flying commercially a back up aircraft might prove to be a good investment.

Hey Midlife I’m from NJ and the only place I would send my AC for repairs is Terrestrial Imaging located in Brick. I’ve been in their shop and have quite a setup. They are DJI Authorized dealer and repair shop. I don’t know if I’m allowed to give the phone number here but you can find them on Google. Hope you get your AC fixed have a good day

It is difficult to manage issues with people approaching- particularly so when you aren’t on private property. Unless the person who interrupted you man handled your controller it’s hard to understand how they might be responsible for you flying into a tree.

It's only hard to understand if it never happened to you. I've had a crazy person come up to me waving arms and yelling at me while I was flying legally in a public place. It's easy for me to understand how a pilot being harassed could result in a drone crash or hitting tree while trying to bring it home.

Last edited:
It's only hard to understand if it never happened to you. I've had a crazy person come up to me waving arms and yelling at me while I was flying legally in a public place. It's easy for me to understand how a pilot being harassed could result in a drone crash or hitting tree while trying to bring it home.
Sounds like me. When my wife is with me, she keeps people away from me.o_O I can't do two things a once. When I'm flying I can scope out things that pertains to the flying. I'm multitask in that sense, but I'm focused on my flying. I concentrate hard on what I'm doing. Just ask my wife when she trying to get my attention. LOL

Reactions: IgorD2
It has happened to me. More than once. The generally curious with some frequency, histerical and confrontational less so and public officials on several occasions.

Given the OP claim they have “jobs scheduled” suggests an expectation of competence in flight operation. This includes familiarity with surroundings including the potential for interactions with people as a consideration. Abscent limited remaining battery or some form of emergency ending up in a tree should be avoidable. Let go of the sticks and the phantom will wait for your next command.

Reactions: LARA images

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.