Phantom 4 Pro Gimbal overload

Reaction score
This drone was crashed about a month ago. I had to replace the motors and top half of the body. I was very careful and followed a very good video online how to do it. I wouldn't have done it but my warranty was up along time ago and didn't want to have to pay a fortune.. I have a lot of knowledge in tech stuff so I wouldn't just tackle something like this if I didn't think I could dot it FYI... So basically what's going on is every time I turn on my bird, the gimbal goes through its normal start up, after that it wants to twitch side to side. I updated all the firmware and did multiple calibrations. And when I take it up in the air it is a lot worse.. So I brought it down immediately and have been searching around for the problem and can't find anyone. Attached below is a video of the gimbal after I start up the drone. If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks.

Is the DJI app giving you any errors?

Take the gimbal off of the drone and check all cables for tears and any damage. (Including the exposed ribbon cable on the drone)

Double check the gimbal connection from the craft to the gimbal. Is there any dirt or debris that may have collected during repairs?

Are the gimbal arms bent in any way?

With the battery out, rotate the camera along all three axis motors. Do you feel any of them "catch"? (Especially the yaw motor at top of gimbal)

If you know how, remove the yaw gimbal motor and make sure it spins freely. You may have to buy and install some new gimbal motors.

Just took a close look at your video and it looks like the gimbal arm is bent. I would replace that as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20