Phantom 4 Pro did some summersaults in the air and crashed into the water, has insurance. Pls Help

Reaction score
I calibrated the Phantom 4 Pro OK and all system green and good to go. When it got up in the air it did some somersaults and crashed into the water at the Cruise Ship dock in San Pedro. All I can do was watch it hit the water and sink. I have the insurance from Best Buy, I think it also acts as DJI Refresh. It was over $400 bucks. I figured it would be easier to deal with them than DJI.

The remote and whatever data is on it is untouched and intact. So is the app on the iPhone.

Please advice. My understanding is no craft no insurance fix/replacement.

Thanks in advance.

I calibrated the Phantom 4 Pro OK and all system green and good to go.
What were you calibrating and why?
There should be no need to calibrate anything.
Your insurance issue is between you and whoever it is with but you can post your flight data and someone might be able to see what caused the incident.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Reactions: David polley
Cruise Ship dock
This certainly "hints" to a bad compass calibration if indeed that was the calibration in question.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
Maybe a motor or prop failed. I hit an obstacle and broke a prop once. She corkscrewed into the ground which was close but no damage. Maybe that?

Reactions: Kejoal11
Maybe a motor or prop failed.
Not very likely, but only the logs would give an answer. We can speculate all day with what minimal information the OP provided. A compass issue is most likely in this scenario, going only by the brief statement.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik