Phantom 4 Pro + Controller Options

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Ok, I had a couple questions in regards to the Pro+ Remote Controller...Since we cannot connect a tablet to this particular controller (at least according to DJI at the moment)
1) What is the purpose of the USB connection on the top of the remote?
2) Could we potentially buy the other control that doesn't come with the screen and use that one...like having a backup controller....or is each controller permanently linked to its own drone?

Sorry if this has been asked already...but I like to know my options. I am excited to use the new screen, but in the event something happens to it..cracks...decides not to work in the field...it would be great to just pull out a tablet and hook it to the USB connection. Maybe in a future firmware update?

Thanks!

Could we potentially buy the other control that doesn't come with the screen and use that one
Yes. You'll just need to relink the remote controller to your Phantom when you switch remote controllers.

Reactions: Liveddica
Still waiting on my Plus, but this answered several questions I had:

Reactions: Liveddica
I had the same issue with all Chinese upon initial power up even though I selected English, but I managed to work my way through the initial screens and after I completed setup everything was normal (100% English) and I haven't seen any Chinese characters since. So kind of hilarious at first but as it turns out not really a problem past the first few minutes, I guess they'll get it fixed soon. I had no problem linking the controller at all but I did need a firmware update out of the box, which of course is not unusual.

I think everyone's initial impression of the screen out of the box is going to be 'wow, this thing is clear and bright!' I've had a succession of cloudy days so I can't give a full review of direct sunlight, but I've had at least a few breaks in the clouds so far and have been very impressed with both brightness and contrast ratio in direct sun.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl