Phantom 4 Pro + Case - Who has one that fits

You can find lots of backpacks with customizable interiors here.

Reactions: JesterPhotog
Last edited:
After looking I realized that the controller folder up is actually smaller than the Phantom 4 Pro controller. Who knew that having a screen attached would make it smaller.

I regular Phantom 4 backpack would work I think. Just didn't know if anyone had an experience, good or bad, with any particular case.

After looking I realized that the controller folder up is actually smaller than the Phantom 4 Pro controller. Who knew that having a screen attached would make it smaller.

I regular Phantom 4 backpack would work I think. Just didn't know if anyone had an experience, good or bad, with any particular case.
The P4P+ controller is still larger than the P4 controller slot in the aftermarket P4 hardshell backpacks. I discovered this today, much to my dismay, as I had to use the gray syrofoam shipping case instead. With some cutting, the P4P+ controller will fit, but I didn't have time for that, as I was running out the door! It's also a very tight fit, even in the gray styrofoam P4P+ case!

The P4P+ controller is still larger than the P4 controller slot in the aftermarket P4 hardshell backpacks. I discovered this today, much to my dismay, as I had to use the gray syrofoam shipping case instead. With some cutting, the P4P+ controller will fit, but I didn't have time for that, as I was running out the door! It's also a very tight fit, even in the gray styrofoam P4P+ case!

I think my next bag won't be specific to the drone like my last hardshell backpack for my P3S. I have my eye on something like the following because it is flexible enough to fit a variety of phantom bodies in case I decide to upgrade again. ;)

Airport Helipak™ for DJI Phantom

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Davidnclearlaketx
I think my next bag won't be specific to the drone like my last hardshell backpack for my P3S. I have my eye on something like the following because it is flexible enough to fit a variety of phantom bodies in case I decide to upgrade again. ;)

Airport Helipak[emoji769] for DJI Phantom

That's a great backpack, my favorite so far after trying 5 backpacks. Priced right too.

Reactions: UrbanVoyager
I think I have narrowed down to between TT Helipak and Manfrotto D1. They are priced similar and both reputable vendors. I think there are more room with Helipak but I like the design of D1 better.. I was initially thinking of just using the box P4P came in, but the more I think about it I'd like to be able to carry my photography gear as well (a7rii and couple of lenses). Any idea or recommendations which one is better?

Case Club hard case guy here. Holds up to 5 batteries, Ipad, and other acc. For 169 bucks it's a lot cheaper than all of the other hard cases with wheels. Used on my reg P4 and now on my P4P. But I am not sure if the cutout would be same for the P4P+ controller though. I'm sure they have prob made an insert for the Plus now though.

Microraptor cases. They have backpacks & hard cases for P3 & P4's and now have new inserts for the P4 Pros. Excellent designed cases. I wrote & asked them if I'd be able to get an insert to convert my P3 backpack for the P4 Pro and they have them. Products

The ThinkTank Heliport is a great bag. I got one 3 weeks ago for $40 more than they are selling it for now (and the call it Black Friday). I have considerable extra space.

I attached a photo of the P4P in the case. I take the props off, and they fit on the elastic, or you can replace them in the sack which comes with the P4P and drop the sack in one of the side areas. I put the gimble holder on, and just place the copter in the middle. It is a loose fit, but once I pull the elastic strap over the copter it is held in place well enough. The iPad comes off the RC, and can be stored in the top pocket (which comes off with velcro) or on one of the sides. The RC goes into an open compartment, and is held in place with an elastic strap. I put batteries in the zipper pouch on the right (it could hold up to three). Pouch comes out; it has velcro on bottom. It currently holds needed cables and a microSD case as well. You can see the collapsed sun shade and logbook on the right. You could put them anywhere. There is room to put tools on the side. Of particular note is that the case, when open in the field, lets you tinker with the craft in place, and if you drop something it falls in the case. (Like a microSD card that otherwise likes to spring out of the slot and get lost in the grass!) Everything is attached to the case itself with velcro, so you can rearrange the partitions at will. You can place the craft on the closed case and use it as a takeoff platform. There are arms straps so you can transport it as a backpack for short distances. No waist strap like a true backpack, however. Weight without stuff 4.8 lbs. Size in inches 14.2 x 8.6 x 21.4 It is not as sturdy as a Pelican type case, and I would not check it as baggage. If it meets the size for carryons for your flight, however, I would think it would fit the bill. I would not want to use it as a backpack for a cross-country trek. I use it to transport the craft in the back of the car (a hatchback), and then walk a quarter mile or so off road to a takeoff point as a backpack.

As I said, this is my second one; the first holds a 3DR Solo in a very similar arrangement.

Attachments

• IMG_2972.JPG
    IMG_2972.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 401

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav