Phantom 4 Pro camera transmission proplem using Litchi

Reaction score
I was flying using Litchi app, Litchi said my SD card was slow and needed formating, so i formated it . But i tried it again and same thing, it said Sd is slow and needs formatting. but i continued to fly and take videos. for the first 20 minutes of flying/recording the video signal to controller and phone was clear and ok.
Then i started to get scrambled signal to my phone and could hardly see the video on the phone (android phone) this just happened today and i have flown with Litchi with same phone other day. I checked the video on the Sd card and it was perfect. But only problem was when i was flying i could not see the phone screen it was really scrambled and actually appeared to be freezing up. any ideas what it could be

I would heed the warning and simply buy new fast cards, they are very cheap these days.
Funny i was just out flying again this morning. I put in a 128g sandisk extreme and after reviewing video the video from the card was perfect. But while i was flying the first 20 minutes or more my video feed to the phone was also perfect, easy to see, then it started to act up and actually freeze up again, its so bad i cannot make out what is on the phone screen . But i continue to take the videos and they come out great on the SD card. Sound like a problem with controller/video signal . Not sure if its the Litchi program possibly. It is an obsidian controller and it does not get very good range i noticed.

OK, the card is not the problem. How far away was the drone. Were the antenna pointed in the right direction, or were you maybe facing 90 degrees away from the drone to get under shade or some other reason. Were you at a low altitude where trees or other obstacles could interfere with the signal. Could updating the controller, drone, app make any improvement? Did the video feed return to normal as you were returning to home?

Funny i was just out flying again this morning. I put in a 128g sandisk extreme and after reviewing video the video from the card was perfect. But while i was flying the first 20 minutes or more my video feed to the phone was also perfect, easy to see, then it started to act up and actually freeze up again, its so bad i cannot make out what is on the phone screen . But i continue to take the videos and they come out great on the SD card. Sound like a problem with controller/video signal . Not sure if its the Litchi program possibly. It is an obsidian controller and it does not get very good range i noticed.
Why don’t you try the same flight with GO4. Also you don’t say how far away you are flying me whether there are obstructions between you and the aircraft or whether the video signal returns to being solid when you come back to where you are. And also whether it’s possible there is RF interference near you.

I will try dji go 4 app and see if that makes a difference. Funny thing is the system works fine for around 20-30 minutes. Then I notice I can see the video transmission in the phone screen. Distance does not matter nor obstructions as I fly 20 feet in front of me and it just scrambles. Will try upgrading controller as a I have noticed that controller signal seems week.

Possibly your mobile device was struggling? A few more things running in the background versus days when it worked well?

Never thought of that ,thanks, i will try my tablet and see if that makes a difference.
Your symptoms just sounded much like when people have reported overloaded or overheated mobile devices. I know that you are not flying in a hot area right now, so I’d focus on being sure the device is not overloaded.

There are posts related to setting up an android device for best performance. When I get home later I’ll add the link if someone doesn’t get it posted before I have a chance. Hopefully it’s that simple. Cheers!

Your symptoms just sounded much like when people have reported overloaded or overheated mobile devices. I know that you are not flying in a hot area right now, so I’d focus on being sure the device is not overloaded.

There are posts related to setting up an android device for best performance. When I get home later I’ll add the link if someone doesn’t get it posted before I have a chance. Hopefully it’s that simple. Cheers!
Thanks that would be great, i just re downloaded dji go4 app android, and i will try my tablet in the morning instead of phone, tablet is android also but works fine.

Thanks that would be great, i just re downloaded dji go4 app android, and i will try my tablet in the morning instead of phone, tablet is android also but works fine.
Click here for the post about setting up an android device. It was put together by Mike S. and has been often referenced here on the forum.

Got it ,great thanks, i just read it over and its easy to follow, so i will try my phone and see whats up. Thanks for the link I also tried to join the dji drone forum but it would not accept my registration,. is the forum still operating ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers