Phantom 4 pro camera not straight

If you ever have to re-build the gimble you will understand the problem better. This area of the gimble is quite fragile. I would not torque it if you don't understand what you are re-positioning....If you pull the screws, drop the cam and ribbon cable. Get the cam in your hands and study it for a second. The Rubber booty needs to float back and forth slightly. It gets kind of pinched not allowing it to move freely. The camera floats on four rubber isolation bumpers that are very fragile. One good tweak/torque you could damage/tear them very easy.If you don't want to open it up. Reach up under the gimble and pinch the highest visible ring with your fingers. Just slightly move it left and right. No more than 1/4 inch or so. Your basically centering two metal plates seperated by iso-bushings. Alot of times just taking it all apart and putting it back together fixes it. Also if you never use that gimbal protector your camera is just smashing those super fragile bumpers. So impressed with this product even though it's fragile and has some issues that need to be fixed. I really like working on the Phantom 4 pro... Drone nerds sells that suspension plate for around 5 bucks Go look at the picture of it...You will understand it better. Happy Flying.

Reactions: Giang and GadgetGuy

Found solution! ?

Hi everyone. I probably find a workaround for camera/gimbal not pointing straight forward. Mine was tilted to the left (from drones POV). Here are steps that worked for me: Adjust yaw of gimbal from app while being above drone until you think its already straight (not precise but at least something). Hit complete and then run auto-calibration. This will somehow save the yaw adjustment also after reboot. Hope this will help also others!

I had the same problem I sent it to a local repair shop and they fix the problem by changing the yaw motor now all is fine

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20