Phantom 4 Pro battery problem.

Reaction score
I purchased a phantom 4 pro battery new. The 4th light on the battery never lights up. The battery seems to hold full charge and work properly. I've flown the drone and monitored battery in DJI go app. Please keep in mind I flew the drone after I realized this was going on. Does anyone know whats wrong? Is my 4th light just dead and I "shouldn't worry about it"? Not sure if anyone has some insight on this. I'm really just fed up. I bought this battery because I had just bought a P4A and the battery it came with wasn't working! Sent that one back to dji and got this one and its only showing 3 LED lights. Its actually so frustrating that I gotta laugh about it (haha). I can now say every DJI product I have purchased (2 drones 1 battery) has been manufacturer defective... and im sure ill buy another lol

Attachments

• 20181205_062037.jpg
    20181205_062037.jpg
    796.3 KB · Views: 350
  • Screenshot_20181204-234352.png
    Screenshot_20181204-234352.png
    437.4 KB · Views: 365
  • Screenshot_20181204-234402.png
    Screenshot_20181204-234402.png
    693.7 KB · Views: 365
Do a 5 second press and hold while the battery is off, if its new it should show 4 lights, its possible that the 4th led isnt working but thats one I've never seen.

Reactions: YR VISUAL
Do a 5 second press and hold while the battery is off, if its new it should show 4 lights, its possible that the 4th led isnt working but thats one I've never seen.
Thank you for the reply. I did press and hold the button down while the battery is off. The 4th light still doesn't illuminate. It has never illuminated.

Thank you for the reply. I did press and hold the button down while the battery is off. The 4th light still doesn't illuminate. It has never illuminated.
Very odd. The battery looks to fully charged in the pics. Leds rarely burn out but its not impossible. The battery will be under warranty so I'd contact Dji for a replacement, or, you just decide to trust it. Up to you.

Maybe is just a bad weld. If it holds charge and charges 100%, I would care less if the forth light turns on, since when it fully charges, all lights turn off and when flying you cant see them and check your battery level on your screen.

Maybe is just a bad weld. If it holds charge and charges 100%, I would care less if the forth light turns on, since when it fully charges, all lights turn off and when flying you cant see them and check your battery level on your screen.
Could be a bad solder, or simply a burnt out led, but its also possible that the battery control board has issues, personally if it was me and it's still under warranty I'd contact Dji for a replacement just for peace of mind while flying.

When the replacement for the original non working battery comes back from dji ill probably send it in. Also I see your location is Puerto Rico. How is flying out there? My father is from bayamon.

Reactions: Ansia
When the replacement for the original non working battery comes back from dji ill probably send it in. Also I see your location is Puerto Rico. How is flying out there? My father is from bayamon.
Oh really? Then he's my neighbor. It's gorgeous. There has been great weather early in the mornings and I've gotten great footage. Was in Fajardo the other day stalking a sail boat departing from Isleta Marina. You should come visit and fly down here.

Oh really? Then he's my neighbor. It's gorgeous. There has been great weather early in the mornings and I've gotten great footage. Was in Fajardo the other day stalking a sail boat departing from Isleta Marina. You should come visit and fly down here.
Thats awesome. I need to get my drone somewhere tropical. I'm up in New York north of NYC so everything is cold and dead right now. I'm excited to get cool winter shots though.

Do you post anything to instagram?

Thats awesome. I need to get my drone somewhere tropical. I'm up in New York north of NYC so everything is cold and dead right now. I'm excited to get cool winter shots though.

Do you post anything to instagram?
I usually just keep it in the family, although I did post the stalking on on youtube. Probably will continue uploading them there, so I don't have to keep them in my pc and save up space.

Edit: I am a n00b editing videos, so please no judging. :tonguewink:

I usually just keep it in the family, although I did post the stalking on on youtube. Probably will continue uploading them there, so I don't have to keep them in my pc and save up space.

Edit: I am a n00b editing videos, so please no judging. :tonguewink:
Very cool footage

Nice video :)
I would return it but curious if "while charging it", does it take significantly longer for the LEDs to stop blinking (IE battery fully charged) after the 3rd LED starts blinking (compare to how long it takes 2nd and 3rd to start blinking during charging???
Hope that makes sense but to me that would indicate that it is continuing to charge past the 3rd LED, but the fact that GO shows good voltage and % the battery itself seams to be charging fine...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues