Phantom 4 Pro (available in the DJI store)

They say 4.3 mile range, but they don't specifically say Occusync. Is it safe to assume that it is Occusync, and that the DJI Goggles will work with this Phantom?
Whatever this is it sounds good:
i-ctmfBfT-L.jpg

Flight time extended to 30 minutes, under ideal conditions of course.

Let the shopping begin. I wonder when it will be available for shipment.
My question is: Are the batteries a larger Mah, vs. the current 4480? And is the Battery the same as the current Phantom 4. Could not find any information on that?

And just to show that DJI completely own the ready-to-fly drone market
They have announced this at the same time.
The Inspire 1 was a revelation. The first filmmaking drone in the world to integrate an HD video transmission system, 360° rotating gimbal and a 4K camera, as well as the simplicity of app control. The launches of the Zenmuse X5 and X5R cameras further cemented the Inspire as a critical tool for filmmakers around the globe.

The Inspire 2 takes everything that was good about the Inspire 1 and improves it. An all-new image processing system records at up to 5.2K in CinemaDNG RAW, Apple ProRes and more. It goes from 0 to 50mph (80kph) in just 4 seconds and hits a maximum speed of 67mph (108kph) and has a max descent speed of 9m/s for unheard of speed and agility in an aircraft this size. A dual battery system prolongs the flight time to a maximum of 27 minutes (with an X4S), while self-heating technology allows it to fly even in low temperatures. FlightAutonomy has been revised and developed specifically for the Inspire 2, providing two directions of obstacle avoidance and sensor redundancy. Increased intelligence adds multiple intelligent flight modes, including Spotlight Pro, giving even single pilots the ability to create complex, dramatic shots. An upgraded video transmission system is now capable of dual signal frequency and dual channel, streaming video from an onboard FPV camera and the main camera simultaneously, for better pilot and camera operator collaboration.

My question is: Are the batteries a larger Mah, vs. the current 4480? And is the Battery the same as the current Phantom 4. Could not find any information on that?
Slightly more capacity - not sure if it's the same size and compatible with P4.
P4
Intelligent Flight Battery
Capacity 5350 mAh
Voltage 15.2 V
Battery Type LiPo 4S
Energy 81.3 Wh
Net Weight 462 g
Operating Temperature 14° to 104° F ( -10° to 40° C )
Max Charging Power 100 W​

P4 pro
Intelligent Flight Battery (PH4-5870mAh-15.2V)
Capacity 5870 mAh
Voltage 15.2 V
Battery Type LiPo 4S
Energy 89.2 Wh
Net Weight 468 g
Charging Temperature Range 14° to 104° F (-10° to 40° C)

Slightly more capacity - not sure if it's the same size and compatible with P4.
P4
Intelligent Flight Battery
Capacity 5350 mAh
Voltage 15.2 V
Battery Type LiPo 4S
Energy 81.3 Wh
Net Weight 462 g
Operating Temperature 14° to 104° F ( -10° to 40° C )

P4 pro
Intelligent Flight Battery (PH4-5870mAh-15.2V)
Capacity 5870 mAh
Voltage 15.2 V
Battery Type LiPo 4S
Energy 89.2 Wh
Net Weight 468 g
Charging Temperature Range 14° to 104° F (-10° to 40° C)
Subscribed to see when this question is answered

I went with standard as well. I am kind of worried about the whole DJI Refresh though. I bought it anyways but it seems like an expedited way for DJI to ask me for more money if the quad ever breaks....

If I had to guess, based on DJI's history with the Phantom series, we will see the Phantom 5 in late March/early April of 2017.

I couldn't see them changing the camera much between now and then (some tweaking perhaps... i.e., a tiny bit of zoom). I'm basing this on when they moved up from the Phantom 3 Pro to the Phantom 4 (small camera differences).

I could see them adding something to the motion of the camera and the landing legs. The problem with the Phantom 4 & Phantom 4 Pro is that props and landing gear can still enter the frame. My guess is that this will no longer be the case with the release of the Phantom 5 (perhaps they'll just move the camera forward as per the Mavic Pro).

My finger is hovering over the "order" button. :)

Just purchased the mavic pro, will the phantom 4 pro really be much better than the mavic? Mavic is foldable...

If you are a serious photographer or serious about photography the P4Pro is a much better bird than the Mavic will ever be.
If you care more about portability vs picture/video quality the Mavic is for you.

Life is full of choices.

Reactions: John1960
If you get integrated screen, does that mean you cannot use 3rd party app like Litchi?
That seems to be the case. We do not know yet for sure; but the spec sheet says it runs DJI Go ONLY. I would imagine it can be modified to run android or something, but do not bet on it until we are sure :)

Flight time extended to 30 minutes, under ideal conditions of course.

Let the shopping begin. I wonder when it will be available for shipment.

I just confirmed with DJI that the flight time is due to a higher capacity battery that IS compatible with the P4 and vice versa.

Reactions: John1960

The battery is compatible with the P4. It is 5840mh according to DJI.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4