Phantom 4 Pro/Adv Shutter Half Press

Reaction score
Hi,

Can someone explain if this is normal. My shutter button does not half press as far as I can tell (nothing like any other camera's half press to focus). Its just the same as the record button. Press it and it takes a photo instantly. There is no middle or half sensitivity at all (no 2 stage that I can feel... its just on/off for me)?

Confused

You can test the button function by turning on the auto focus assist. When you lightly depress the shutter button, the focus assist should zoom on the screen. Note that software bugs sometimes cause the focus assist to fail on the first usage. It’s “failure” is dependent on other prior activities, i.e., a prior video usage.

Anyway, it is definitely a duel function button.

You can test the button function by turning on the auto focus assist. When you lightly depress the shutter button, the focus assist should zoom on the screen. Note that software bugs sometimes cause the focus assist to fail on the first usage. It’s “failure” is dependent on other prior activities, i.e., a prior video usage.

Anyway, it is definitely a duel function button.

So can you feel it at all (the lightly depressed state) as mine has no light movement or light depress at all. You can not lightly press it... it just goes click.

So can you feel it at all (the lightly depressed state) as mine has no light movement or light depress at all. You can not lightly press it... it just goes click.

Feel and hear it, (two clicks).

Make sure you have the right button. Number 2 in the attached photo.
8da272d99412f0b780640de436246494.jpg

Yes definitely have the right button. Mine is a Phantom 4 Advanced. Controller model is GL300C. The shutter buttons tactile feel and operation is identical to the video record button or pause button (just 1 click for down - that's it... just like those other buttons and when pressed it takes the photo.)

If it has 2 clicks as you say then something is wrong. Is it possible I have received a Phantom 4 controller and not a Phantom 4 Advanced Controller?

Yes definitely have the right button. Mine is a Phantom 4 Advanced. Controller model is GL300C. The shutter buttons tactile feel and operation is identical to the video record button or pause button (just 1 click for down - that's it... just like those other buttons and when pressed it takes the photo.)

If it has 2 clicks as you say then something is wrong. Is it possible I have received a Phantom 4 controller and not a Phantom 4 Advanced Controller?

Your original post didn’t say for certain if you were on a Pro or Advanced, however;
I have a 300B for a P3P, one motion, one click
And
I have a 300F for a P4P, dual motion, two clicks.

I’m sorry, but I don’t know which controller is suppose to ship with the advanced.

@msinger or @meta would for sure know.

Your original post didn’t say for certain if you were on a Pro or Advanced, however;
I have a 300B for a P3P, one motion, one click
And
I have a 300F for a P4P, dual motion, two clicks.

I’m sorry, but I don’t know which controller is suppose to ship with the advanced.

@msinger or @meta would for sure know.

Phantom 4 Advanced and comes with GL300C (manual states 2 stage button for shutter).

Phantom 4 Advanced and comes with GL300C (manual states 2 stage button for shutter).

I just pulled down the advanced manual and I have to say your 100% correct. The manual does say the 300c that comes with the advance has a two stage shutter button. I would consider opening a ticket or call DJI for advice.

Something seams off to me.

9ee0721698dae42e1035e9abf01d7c55.jpg

Anyone own a P4 Advanced that can say what their shutter button is like (1 stage or 2 stage)?

My P4 Advanced remote controller has a 1 stage button.

Reactions: Traveler and Dingoz
My P4 Advanced remote controller has a 1 stage button.

Thanks for the info. That helps to know I am not the only one at least. DJI reckon it should have the 2 stage (like the manual states) but I am starting to think they have no clue at all. Perhaps they just read the manual and say yes it should send it back but I am starting to suspect the replacement will be the same. Or was it the first batches that had single stage buttons and it was corrected more recently. Hard to get any actual data (other than your post confirming I am not the only one).

DJI eventually came back to me on this and said the Advanced is not meant to have the 2 stage button (the manual is wrong). They claim it was decided not to include the 2 stage button like the Pro as people did not like it :) but I suspect more likely is it was cheaper to not have to do a physical change to the controller used. I now do not care about the button as focusing before every shot or video start is a waste of time anyway.

Reactions: AyeYo
DJI eventually came back to me on this and said the Advanced is not meant to have the 2 stage button (the manual is wrong). They claim it was decided not to include the 2 stage button like the Pro as people did not like it :) but I suspect more likely is it was cheaper to not have to do a physical change to the controller used. I now do not care about the button as focusing before every shot or video start is a waste of time anyway.
Yeah if you look at the new manual they've updated it to reflect your statement. Only the P4A+ has the half press shutter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl