Phantom 4 or Mavic Pro

Reaction score
What do you guys think or prefer. Phantom 4 or Mavic Pro. I am hoping to use for Commercial use. Thanks!

Finding a Phantom 4 Pro new (in the US) will be difficult. They are pretty much all gone now. P4 Pro has been gone for a while and now the few P4 Pro Vr 2.0 are gone.

Commercial use, what type? Just curious.

Either the MP2 Pro or Zoom should do a great job for many applications. If you are doing mapping it seems that most use the Phantom but for other types of work, the Mavic should be excellent.

Noise, the P4 Vr 2.0 is loud much louder than a MP Pro, may not be an issue just wanted to point it out.

Camera, MP2 Pro will have the same 20MP sensor as the P4 Pro/Vr 2.0. Different cameras, DJI makes the one in the Phantom, Hasselblad had some input in the MP2 Pro, and the camera shows as a Hasselblad not DJI in the exif data. I find the P4 camera a bit better for my photography (all stills, landscape). But the noise, size and weight of the P4 finds it left at home on many trips. You can easily pack a MP2 and plenty of batteries. Plus now the smart controller makes this even easier. Quick setup.

My P4 Pro Vr 2.0 is not stable in hover, has always either drifted or yawed (usually to the right), it's a known problem with this series. The MP2 Pro I have is rock solid.

Many seem to prefer the zoom model, as the optical zoom seems to be better than expected. For certain applications being able to zoom into a subject (with a true zoom not a digital zoom) seems to be an advantage. I agree, but still prefer the larger resolution of the MP2 Pro.

Paul C

P4P stuff plentiful on eBay. I have both v1( black and white)and v2.
Also both mp2 pro and zoom.
They all have their place in the flying camera world.
If I had to choose the one I would keep, that would be too difficult.
If I was forced to limit my toys to two, zoom and v2.

If not phantom 4 advanced should do it
Whatever is in your budget. Dont be fooled by the hype. The p4 advanced has a better camera, but the P4 is fine and takes great video/pics. For general photography the P4 is fine. If you are doing work for National Geographic Magazine, save up for the advanced or the Mavic Pro 2. Just remember that both will be obsolete by next year. As soon as you buy the s1, the s2 will be released so just have fun, and dont get fooled by the hype or before you know it you will have a closet filled with drones. So buy what's in your budget and dont bankrupt yourself, and get the best you can get. If you like folding arms, get the mavic, if you like big and bad, get the phantom.

Here we go again with hype and folding arms.
Do you buy Mini Cooper just cause it’s easier to find parking?
Obviously OP your answer is in your wallet. Take into consideration extra $$ for accessories like batteries (you want to have at least 2) and ND filters.
Second is to get the right tool for the right job.
If your need highest quality nothing beats 4k60fps of phantom 4 Pro/adv.
Pictures or surveillance? Go with Zoom. It gets you a little closer with less effort.
Consider that older drones getting no software upgrades.
Good luck

Reactions: Starz
Thanks all! I want to do some real estate work and possibly wedding video etc. I am on a budget so was thinking of regular phantom 4 for the higher end work, and maybe a Spark for the quick jobs that might require something smaller to get in those not so easy places.

Thanks all! I want to do some real estate work and possibly wedding video etc. I am on a budget so was thinking of regular phantom 4 for the higher end work, and maybe a Spark for the quick jobs that might require something smaller to get in those not so easy places.
On a budget, mavic 2 zoom is the answer. Neither original P4 or spark is suitable for commercial work.

If your budget is that tight I can sell you my like new Phantom 3 std package for $330 shipped.
With 2 extra batteries and other accessories it’s best deal for you and definitely better than spark.

On a budget, mavic 2 zoom is the answer. Neither original P4 or spark is suitable for commercial work.
Any of these drones would work fine for real estate work. If his business becomes a success, then he can buy something bigger. People have been using them way before the zoom. You dont need the latest and greatest to succeed. Just learn to adjust your camera settings.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl