Phantom 4 in 10-15 mph winds

Very scenic and clear,always amazing the p4 camera ;)
Yip handle winds well to
If you notice at the end how it was leaning to one side to land, I got it just right today using the ND16PL filter, no color grading used in post, this is raw just edited down to fit music. 2 batteries flown 20min each of footage this morning.

Yeh I hate that so hand catch when bit breezy,,,to me it's a time of low rpms and wind can sometime flip it :oops:....forgot to metion ,,that train in background is cool,,long to..
Ps..its raining hard here,,I got wet suit but it's a ugly day,,from extreme heat to rain,,crazy weather

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. Winds to 30 mph are not an issue for the P4P.

Assuming you kept a visual throughout the flight - right?

Nice. Winds to 30 mph are not an issue for the P4P.

Assuming you kept a visual throughout the flight - right?
Just flying your 100% correct, but trying to get smooth cinematic shots is another story. The POI shot was a combo of fighting the wind while holding a steady pattern. the hill climb takes not only doing increment step climbing while maintaining speed with a cross wind. It would be easy to just elevate up, but doing it in that manner takes a little effort even in perfect conditions.

Winds to 30 mph are not an issue for the P4P.
While the P4p can hold position in a 30 mph wind, it could only make slow progress flying into the wind.
If you ended up with the drone any distance downwind, getting it back again could be difficult.
You'd also want a sheltered spot to launch from in that wind.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic