Phantom 4 Crash

Reaction score
Hi
I have just crashed my P4, typical my first crash in years and I do it with my new one.

the only damage I can see is that the top and bottom shell (right front motor arm) is cracked and underneath is split. the motor won't sit at the correct angle. So at the least it will need a top and bottom shell.

Does anyone know how much DJI will charge for for such a repair? I note that they sell the sells is it a big job to replace it myself?

I'm in the UK and there is a DJI affiliated repair centre not far from me.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Ian

May you describe how you crashed and why, so others may not do the same mistake ?

Hi
I have just crashed my P4, typical my first crash in years and I do it with my new one.

the only damage I can see is that the top and bottom shell (right front motor arm) is cracked and underneath is split. the motor won't sit at the correct angle. So at the least it will need a top and bottom shell.

Does anyone know how much DJI will charge for for such a repair? I note that they sell the sells is it a big job to replace it myself?

Ian
Would be hard to tell based on that information without them examining the damage. Maybe someone with similar damage can comment though.

May you describe how you crashed and why, so others may not do the same mistake ?[/QUOTE

I was flying in sports mode about 11 feet off the ground then I lost connection to the aircraft I looked over (only about 50 yards away) to see it bouncing on the grass, battery flying out. After consideration and looking at the flight data, I get the impression that this may have been an issue with the P4 as it looses altitude when you come off the throttle, but this would not explain the los of connection before the crash.
I was considering repairing the aircraft myself (new case £51.00) because I'm going on holiday on the 20th of June, but I have contacted DJI to get it repaired by them under warrantee.

Hope this helps

I contacted a repair agent to repair only my gimbal, I was informed that they would only do complete repairs and service, until they examined the unit they could not offer any type of estimate or 'Guestimate' and their was a standard service charge to cover this!!!!

I contacted a repair agent to repair only my gimbal, I was informed that they would only do complete repairs and service, until they examined the unit they could not offer any type of estimate or 'Guestimate' and their was a standard service charge to cover this!!!!
Sounds fair...

Hi

Ian
I did a p3p and it took over 3 hours of really careful work and the invaluable help of a youtube vid.. all came out ok. Some advice though. Do a complete start up, sans actual flying, and make sure everything connects and works right. That way, if it doesn't w o Dmitry after a new shell, you'll know it was the transfer that caused any problems. Also, if you decide die to have a tech do it, you'll want to fire it up in their shop or have a video of it running and the app screen. It doesn't take much to screw up something. I have one of mine with a cracked body and broken arm..I used uv epoxy a d bent it back into shape..Seems to do ok... but..... mostly it will be a matter of money.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl