Phantom 4 CRASH PLEASE HELP!!!

you were not in a NFZ. Not even near a NFZ.

you did nothing to bypass any NFZ message from DJI GO. It just disappeared by itself.

IF -not the case- you were in a NFZ the system should NOT have you let take off. This is how their system is supposed to work, preventing you from taking off in a NFZ.

I would never let them shaft me. It's not about money, it is about a customer giving them money and then be treated like an idiot. Let them know you won't give up and if necessary take legal actions. Advertisement for their behaviour will be free....

On the other hand we buy products from a Chinese company and we know they will act like Chinese...

Reactions: Darwin
When ever your P3/P4 starts misbehaving, gets confused about NFZs, Geofences, compass errors and GPS malfunctions...IMMEDIATELY switch out of GPS (P) or Sport modes (S) to ATTI modes (A) on your remote controller. By doing so, the aircraft, will no longer respond to any positioning related instructions and should just hold altitude even during forced NFZ landings. This will not stop forced landings due to battery malfunctions. One additional preflight check on the P4/P4P is to check all of the avoidance and positioning sensors to ensure no debris or smudges on the cameras, ultrasonic transducers or infrared emitters and detectors that could give the avoidance algorithms incorrect readings. If the aircraft appears to not being able to holds its position or keeps deliberately moving (non-wind caused) when in P (GPS) modes and Avoidance is on, this may be the cause, turn off Avoidance if this fixes the problem, then check your sensors...sometimes they required re-calibration from the Assitant-2 application.

When ever your P3/P4 starts misbehaving, gets confused about NFZs, Geofences, compass errors and GPS malfunctions...IMMEDIATELY switch out of GPS (P) or Sport modes (S) to ATTI modes (A) on your remote controller. By doing so, the aircraft, will no longer respond to any positioning related instructions and should just hold altitude even during forced NFZ landings. This will not stop forced landings due to battery malfunctions. One additional preflight check on the P4/P4P is to check all of the avoidance and positioning sensors to ensure no debris or smudges on the cameras, ultrasonic transducers or infrared emitters and detectors that could give the avoidance algorithms incorrect readings. If the aircraft appears to not being able to holds its position or keeps deliberately moving (non-wind caused) when in P (GPS) modes and Avoidance is on, this may be the cause, turn off Avoidance if this fixes the problem, then check your sensors...sometimes they required re-calibration from the Assitant-2 application.

Even if you switch to ATTI, the geofencing system will continue to work using the GPS information.

The only way to prevent that to happen is to cover the top of the drone with a aluminum foil. The GPS antenna sits just below that and won't be able to catch any signal.

That way you can fly in any NFZ zone in ATTI mode but there are risks. No stabilization, position keeping, etc, and if you lose contact between drone and controller the bird will just fly on its own drifting with the wind.

For those used to RC models is just normal, for those lacking such experience it can very quickly turn into a nightmare.

In general the best bet is to stay away form NFZs.

But back to the OP, no one can find a NFZ on any where to fly map anywhere near where he was flying. That seems to be the mystery with this crash..

That is incorrect. P/S/A mode do not affect NFZ/GEO. And if you are having a compass error this won't help anything either. Switching to A mode only changes it so the craft doesn't use GPS to hold position, but both A/S still require compass. It doesn't turn off these things.

So .. how can I fly in a NFZ with no issues? I have 14 acres, about 8 in pasture with horses and I need to fly my own property. I am about 1.5 miles from a small local airport so I cannot even take off!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20