Phantom 4 Controller fails to charge

Reaction score
'Phantom 4 Controller fails to charge.'
When I connect to the charger it starts like it's normally charging then turns off.
I let it continue for 2 days and no progress.
I try to use and it gives me a warning that the RC battery is low.
Any suggestions?
Bought new May 27, 2016.

Thanks

Sounds like it needs a new battery
I thought the same thing. But after searching I see this has happened to brand new phantoms.
My P3 pro is twice as old and the battery is still good in it. BUT you are probably correct.
Any source for new batteries?

Thanks

There is known issue from what I have read. You need to open it up and check the solder connections.

Reactions: Skipholiday
I have a GL300C doing the same thing. I replaced the battery and it didn't help. Must be the regulator

My p4 controller Is doing the same.....however I managed to keep replugging it in and got it up to 3 bars (lights) and is holding. It feels like a charge read issue not battery but will check the solder later

My p4 controller Is doing the same.....however I managed to keep replugging it in and got it up to 3 bars (lights) and is holding. It feels like a charge read issue not battery but will check the solder later
You are correct, it is not the battery. I have tried a battery out of a good remote and it did the same thing. Mine is a little different however. It does not beep at all ever. Like you I can keep plugging in the charger and get it up to 3 bars. Mine may be a case of " Tired remote" and need replacing.

I just broke down and bought a used controller. Luckily it doesn't have the 1.9.3 update on it.

DId you recently install updated firmware on the controller? If so, this is a known issue and the controller needs to be send back to DJI for replacement. Mine was about 2 weeks out of warranty but they still replaced it for free.

Mine is kind of old. I got it from a customer. I am trying the trick I saw up this post . I will let u know if it works.

My controller is also out of warranty. I bought the p4 on Craigslist awhile back. I'll contact DJI and see if they will replace it also.

Can you "roll back" the update in the rc (1.9.3) to see if it is the u update that is the cause?.
It's just so sorta intermittent that it feels like hardware to me. I get mine to half charge then stops but when I check it later its reading full with a red led. I'm tempted to try the balance board bypass method in the other post on this subject

Did you replace your rc battery? And are still have same issue (with a known good battery) If that is correct its the rc

Ha ha .....and the jig was the most effective? I am managing to keep mine at 3 (led) with constant replugging of the charge plug but the moment that begins to fail or goes lower I'm going to remove (bypass) battery balance board (within battery pack as per YouTube) or install generic 7.4v 6000ma lipo.

Mine also only charges to about 67%. It's been verified by others now that hardware inside the remote, and not the battery is the problem. Annnnnd the fix is send it to the great DJI.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl