Phantom 4 camera showing landing gear legs

Reaction score
Hello I have a problem with my phantom 4 most of time when I'm flying it the dji go app disconnects within a split second reconnects then my camera is pointing at the landing gear and it stops recording them I after start recording again it annoying can't record a full flight from take to land because of this issue I'm hopeing someone knows what the problem is or could help me please some times its the left side sometimes its the right side but it always happens after the app disconnects then reconnects

I am having exactly the same problem with my P4. The camara goes to one side and then disconnects, stops recording. I did a ground test last night and noticed that the internal fan stops at the same time, it then reininitializes and I can record until it happens again. I have three SD cards all of which previously worked in the P4 with no problems, I have updated the firmware and checked for loose wires. I still have the same problem.

There is a video on YouTube of someone else's doing this. I will see if I can find it and upload it

I am having exactly the same problem with my P4. The camara goes to one side and then disconnects, stops recording. I did a ground test last night and noticed that the internal fan stops at the same time, it then reininitializes and I can record until it happens again. I have three SD cards all of which previously worked in the P4 with no problems, I have updated the firmware and checked for loose wires. I still have the same problem.

There is a video on YouTube of someone else's doing this. I will see if I can find it and upload it
OK thanks .it seems there's a lot of pilots having this problem and its the main reason why there are a lot of used phantom 4.s for sale because of this issue some folk say its the latest firmware I would prob agree bit what I can't understand is why dji isn't doing anything about it I upgraded from p3 pro to this p4 and what a bad mistake I made

Oh and its prob my video lol YouTube... but if I'm honest its happening At least 5 times each battery flight it just makes me not wanna fly it because I'm getting like a 40 second record then it happens and so on ...

Only difference is his camara keeps recording. Mine does the same as at the end of the video and then disconnects, then reinitializes.

Only difference is his camara keeps recording. Mine does the same as at the end of the video and then disconnects, then reinitializes.
Yes same ere mine also disconnects but that's what happens it's stupid I've owned the drone two weeks and this is what I see every flight tomorrow it going back in its box and going to upgrade to a mavic I think

Reactions: Droneted
Yes same ere mine also disconnects but that's what happens it's stupid I've owned the drone two weeks and this is what I see every flight tomorrow it going back in its box and going to upgrade to a mavic I think

I don't blame you for wanting to send it back but are you sure you want to stick with DJI? I have heard that the Mavic has its own problems. I'm getting to the stage now where I'm just waiting for things to go wrong and with a drone it can be dangerous. Even if the drone is working perfectly, you just know that it will go wrong sooner or later, usually sooner and it seems the more money something costs the more chance there is of it going wrong. How is that acceptable? I notice that you said above that you think it may be the firmware, mine was fine, it suddenly developed this problem so I thought it might have needed the firmware updated, I updated it and the issue stayed the same. As I said above the fan cuts out when the camera cuts out so it seems to be an overload or an overheat problem. I think it's more a hardware problem rather than software.

I just found this video of possible solution to the problem. It seems you are right it is a firmware problem. I'm going to try changing the frame rate tomorrow as suggested in the video. I hope this works and I hope it helps you as well.

I had one camera that did this and switching to 24fps from 30fps solved the problem. He is my issue with this. I have 3 cameras and only one does it. Wonder why

It fixed the gimble go crazy with 24fps but stil decided to return my phantom 4 back for full refund before hand i did get a 2.5 mile range before posting back , im thinking mavic pro now :) they seem more stable firmware wise

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl