Phantom 4 build quality.

I exchanged mine direct with DJI. The replacement wasn't a refurbished unit. Brand new unit. It was quick, 10 days.
You never know John. Get a micrometer and check the rotor width thickness 30mm from the tip. The spec is 20um. If it's 19 or 21 it MIGHT BE fake, or the mold was worn. Just to be sure. I pick mine up directly from customs in Boston. Hanjing unloads the sealed container and I have to cut the security tag. With all the fakes, that's the only way, other than flying to Hong Kong.

Thanks guys for all the responses. Its all good. In the room where I opened the box the lighting wasn't that great and it looked a lot worse than it really is. I agree, I should have purchased from Amazon or some other store, DJI customer service is the worst !!!!!!

Last edited:
DJI customer service is the worst !!!!!!
That's the understatement of the year. I can't even believe how useless they are. I had 17 emails over the course of 2 weeks, talking to 5 different people and none could tell me if the EUROPEAN version will fly the same distance as an American version. People like "Jeff" and "mike" who could barely speak 1/8th English. These are just some of the real responses I got "the fcc regulates Europe so yes" "we don't make a euro version" " send a pic of the box" " absolutely" " no" "it's pretty much the same"

Moral of the story. The people in here know 10x more than DJI.

How do you know you don't already have a refurb? It looks funny

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
What looks funny about it. That a germ could pass through where the shells meet. What part of "I bought this new from DJI" do you guys not understand. Is DJI secretly selling refurb phantoms in brand new boxes and lying to everyone? If you have some inside info, let us know. Let's blow this thing wide open.

The small piece of plastic on top of the leg has come off mid flight for me. Anyone else has this happen to them? Wire is exposed now. Should i cover it? Or get parts?..

The small piece of plastic on top of the leg has come off mid flight for me. Anyone else has this happen to them? Wire is exposed now. Should i cover it? Or get parts?..

This happened to me on the first day i had my phantom, but it was bc i clipped a tree, i found the piece and popped it right back on. If you lost it, you can get a replacement from amazon, but you have to buy the whole landing gear.

Geniune DJI Phantom 4 Part 26 Landing Gear with Luckybird USB Reader 1pc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EY4J6X4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ma92xbM0YPDRH

I asked DJI and they sent me a new plastic cover. Unfortunately it was for the wrong leg (even though I supplied a picture showing the position) so now waiting for them to resend. As mine just "came off" in the air somewhere, probably from torsional stress on the legs, they are happy to replace.

For now I have put tape over the gap (without touching the antenna wire so I can remove it safely later).

What looks funny about it. That a germ could pass through where the shells meet. What part of "I bought this new from DJI" do you guys not understand. Is DJI secretly selling refurb phantoms in brand new boxes and lying to everyone? If you have some inside info, let us know. Let's blow this thing wide open.

They have to do something with those returned birds don't they?

If not where do they sell Refurbs?

I estimate they send back to China, disassemble and reuse as needed.

Call the FBI. Chinese FBI. They'll get right on it!

Here is mine.
fedff39ee4e7930a75d9719f092e228a.jpg

Dude! Your kids get a hold of the marker set? Or do you forget the name of the model?

"P4"

lol [emoji15]

Reactions: JATO757
I attended RC meeting and decorated a bit with model number as info.

From video editing software:
512da117d9df5fedc1c5d8c18e008201.jpg

People on the left are watching TV with realtime video from the drone (HDMI). Helicopter pilot asked me quick video;

Sorry for little aside with heli, it's a drone forum here I know. Just thought was cool to show people like to see realtime video feeds from drone, was great experience and got nice feedbacks, as well RC modellers very interested so see their machines from different perspective.
Hope that's ok with moderators, I'll make sure to keep on track next time.

Last edited:
LOL are guys serious?!? Who cares about fraction of millimetre. What you should be worrying about is the state of IMU, gyro etc. that actually matter. If your bird is working perfectly then stick with it.

It's the little things in the quality of such an expensive bit of kit that make the ears prick up imho

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

From one perspective Phantom might be viewed as expensive piece of hardware and from another just dirt cheap. On professional shoot Phantom 4 can pay for itself before the first battery is out [emoji16].

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT