Phantom 4 Black Edition

That sucks. Hope your next one isn't flawed. Maybe try another BestBuy? The place your at may have got a bad batch.

Is that even a possibility?

My father used to go to another gas station to buy another batch when he didn't like the batch of the tobacco brand he used to get. Reminds me that one.

Well, can I bring the unit to another Bestbuy? Don't you think that'll look sketchy? Edit: I checked the closest one is about 100 miles away.

Man I wish I could update this bastard. It's really getting annoying and kind of embarassing for me.

Well you could def return it at any BestBuy. But gezzz 100 miles away. That's a good road trip.

I managed to snag the black p4 for 850... it was only that price for a few hours and I happened to check be tracking it on bestbuy's website. The next day it was back up to 999.99

I was able to get a black one for that price as well right before xmas, my wife randomly found it on their site and she immediately purchased it. Good girl.

She had bought me a Walkera Scout X4 that was a complete and total nightmare...so it had to go back, thank the gods that ghr Walkera was junk because now I have a slick flat black phantom4

When I got it home the battery in the P4 box was DOA no leds would light up, but I had bought a spare battery so I put the OEM battery in the box and swapped it out at bestbuy the next day.

No good deal on battery though.

Reactions: sla70r
First one came with a DOA battery this one doesn't update the firmware or at least I'm trying to update it for 3 days straight.

P3S was a breeze to set it up compared to this. If I manage to control to the aircraft I lose either video or control of the gimbal.

Otherwise it looks amazing and it was a great price. Which makes me very indecisive if I go back to bestbuy to ask for another replacement or give this back and wait until march for mavic to be in stock
My black P4 also came with a DOA battery.
Bought from BestBuy in Gainesville GA a few days before xmas.

Luckily I had bought a spare battery and just stuck the OEM in the spare's box and swapped it out at Bestbuy the next day.

No problems since.

From Wikipedia.. can't be a coincidence? Anyone know the story of the black edition? Its not quite deep black but very dark satin grey.

"Airwolf was painted "Phantom Gray Metallic" (DuPont Imron 5031X)[10] on top, and a custom pearl-gray (almost white) on the bottom, in a countershadedpattern."

DOA = Dead On Arrival

We got a Phantom 4 Black Edition from our local BestBuy here in Folsom. We really like the color, but I didn't think about flying it in the Summer. Most of the time we will fly it will be up the road at high elevation so it will be cooler temps. Everything worked out of the box, they price matched Costco so I got it for $921. The battery also went on sale for $114 for a while, but are now back up to $169. We read the news today that the P4 is being discontinued, bummer.

I can't see them stopping the p4 for a while when p4 Pro has just come out...Has dji said this?
I've got my p4 boxed up ready for ups to collect to return to Apple, I've had a good experience with it only returning it to get the mavic which I know won't be any better, tiny fragile gimbal but it's smaller ....

A white one would be easier to see if it was stuck in a tree
I like the shiny white finish , but it's what's underneath that matters
Fluorescent orange would be the most visible

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers