Phantom 4 battery cell voltage issue

Reaction score
Hi guys long time reader, first time poster. I have a phantom 4 standard which I use as a fishing drone and last night when I went to fly some baits out I got a broken cell error. This is one of my best batteries that I have and I'm not sure if it is actually stuffed or it's another issue. I've attached a pic of the voltage screen hopefully someone can help me out. Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210306-125628.jpg
    Screenshot_20210306-125628.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 326
Hi guys long time reader, first time poster. I have a phantom 4 standard which I use as a fishing drone and last night when I went to fly some baits out I got a broken cell error. This is one of my best batteries that I have and I'm not sure if it is actually stuffed or it's another issue. I've attached a pic of the voltage screen hopefully someone can help me out. Cheers
Chances are the cell is worn out and will lose charge faster than the other cells...maybe time to retire this battery.

I never saw a screen shot that was so out of focus. I can't make out what is on it.
Try draining the battery down low and charging it up again. Be careful and fly it it close in front of you and watch the battery closely. Check the flight log and see what they say. Batteries can go bad at anytime. You may have to use it on the table just for calibrations and updates.

So I ended up turning the drone on and leaving it to try and discharge the battery and within 10 minutes the cell voltages evened out and went back to normal so I flew it at a very low altitude to drop the battery to 8% let it cool and fully charged back to 100% and all seems fine. Fingys crossed she holds up. Thanks for the input people much appreciated

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1