Phantom 4 auto take off yo-yo. Help

Reaction score
When I auto take off my P4 raises about 1-2 feet and starts to yo yo up and down. Also when I auto land it seems to do the same thing but not as bad? I guess. I have my auto take off set to 1.X meters so I'm not understanding why it's only going up 1-2 feet then it looks like a yo yo until I press up on the stick. Thanks

Have you calibrated the compass, imu, and vps on your p4 yet? I would recommend you do these things. All together shouldn't take more than an hour and I am 90% certain will fix your issue.

Have you calibrated the compass, imu, and vps on your p4 yet? I would recommend you do these things. All together shouldn't take more than an hour and I am 90% certain will fix your issue.

The one thing I haven't done is the calibration where you use your computer screen and point the P4 aircraft at the screen in various positions. Thank you I totally forgot about it. And I'm also going to calibrate all the others over.

Check the firmware before calibrations. I am still waiting for my P4 to get here. Maybe Tuesday:) but anyways, the vps might help, also it could be a problem with the texture of the ground. If it's a solid color vps will not register it properly. Something with texture though, should be fine. It could also be the way it thrusts, some kinda voodoo vertical whirl something. I forget about that one.

Check the firmware before calibrations. I am still waiting for my P4 to get here. Maybe Tuesday:) but anyways, the vps might help, also it could be a problem with the texture of the ground. If it's a solid color vps will not register it properly. Something with texture though, should be fine. It could also be the way it thrusts, some kinda voodoo vertical whirl something. I forget about that one.

My P3A (wife's now) doesnt do it. So I'm going to calibrate everything over but from reading multiple sites I'm pretty sure it's because I haven't calibrated the VPS with the boxes on the computer screen ( something my P3A didn't need? I'm still extremely new to all this. But one thing I do know is my P4 once in the air flew like a champ , so stable and responsive especially out of begineer mode, it was alot faster. I think it's a tad more stable than the P3A. But not by much. Both great flyers.

My P3A (wife's now) doesnt do it. So I'm going to calibrate everything over but from reading multiple sites I'm pretty sure it's because I haven't calibrated the VPS with the boxes on the computer screen ( something my P3A didn't need? I'm still extremely new to all this. But one thing I do know is my P4 once in the air flew like a champ , so stable and responsive especially out of begineer mode, it was alot faster. I think it's a tad more stable than the P3A. But not by much. Both great flyers.

Lemme know how it goes for ya, I can't wait to get mine up in the air.

Lemme know how it goes for ya, I can't wait to get mine up in the air.
I will on this thread. I won't be able to fly until tomorrow afternoon or evening, I got to take back to bestbuy my newly purchased oled tv that isn't working right which is out of town. But once I get that exchangedone and the new one hooked up I'll be outside flying this bad boy. New favorite toy. Never thought I would enjoy the drone so much but if it keeps acting up I will be back at bestbuy to exchange for a new P4.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl