Phantom 4 and android

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a dji f550 and i'm thinking about buying a dji phantom 4 pro. The only problem is that I have heard of a lot of issues with android and the dji go app. I have a samsung note 4 and tab 4. Will I have trouble with this combination? What should i do to prevent problems when i want to fly?

Greets

check if you are on the supported list at DJI's web site and (for the most part) ignore everything you read saying that Android is crap :D

I also own both devices, beyond a few others, my Note 4 (treltexx) is running Android Marshmallow (Stock, but rooted) and my Tab 4 is running Cyanogenmod 12.1, 13 and 14.1 (alternating between them to check which one is more stable stack to run DJI app).
I prefer the Tab 4 over the Note 4 (running fine as well), due to the large screen, much better in my opinion, and found that CyanogenMod 12.1 and 13 is a good and stable option to run DJI app.
You may face a few glitches under Android but nothing that bad that won't allow you to fly. Also, I learned that Lollipop (CyanogenMod 12.1) is still more stable and reliable than other versions.
In my experience you gonna be good to go with your both devices along with DJI app, just make sure to have the right Android version and options of roms to run into your devices, just in case.. (Cyanogenmod, stock rom.. and other options).

I also own both devices, beyond a few others, my Note 4 (treltexx) is running Android Marshmallow (Stock, but rooted) and my Tab 4 is running Cyanogenmod 12.1, 13 and 14.1 (alternating between them to check which one is more stable stack to run DJI app).
I prefer the Tab 4 over the Note 4 (running fine as well), due to the large screen, much better in my opinion, and found that CyanogenMod 12.1 and 13 is a good and stable option to run DJI app.
You may face a few glitches under Android but nothing that bad that won't allow you to fly. Also, I learned that Lollipop (CyanogenMod 12.1) is still more stable and reliable than other versions.
In my experience you gonna be good to go with your both devices along with DJI app, just make sure to have the right Android version and options of roms to run into your devices, just in case.. (Cyanogenmod, stock rom.. and other options).
Thanks for the info! I'm using android 6.0.1 for my note 4 and 5.0.2 for my tab 4. I don't know anything about cyanogenmod or rom mods. Is it nessecary?

Hey guys, can some one tell me how to get the samsung galaxy tab 4 to fit the controller? I know I need to get an extension to get it to fit. The thing is that the charging port on the pad is in the middle of the long side of the pad. There is no way to get the charging cable to it when it is on the controller. Any ideas?

Thanks for the info! I'm using android 6.0.1 for my note 4 and 5.0.2 for my tab 4. I don't know anything about cyanogenmod or rom mods. Is it nessecary?
You don't need at all, if your current stack works for you. However, as a developer, I can assure you that, a clean rom or firmware, can improve your overall experience while using an aleatory app, such as the DJI app.
So, in such cases, wherein cache, memory usage and other variables counts in.. I strongly recommend to backup everything (your current stack) and try different options (such as cyanogenmod - former - now lineageos and other mods)..initially for fun. You may amaze yourself with your finds.
Regards.

Hey guys, can some one tell me how to get the samsung galaxy tab 4 to fit the controller? I know I need to get an extension to get it to fit. The thing is that the charging port on the pad is in the middle of the long side of the pad. There is no way to get the charging cable to it when it is on the controller. Any ideas?
Go to Amazon or eBay, you gonna find a few cables a bit thinner that fits well the tab 4 into the holder.

I looked at ebay but could not really find any. Do you have a lonk to any that you know work!?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl