Phantom 4 Advanced Plus UK range..

Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m thinking of getting a P4A+ to keep my Mavic Pro 1 company but I’m a little worried that it’s range may not be as good as my Mavic, here in the UK. I’m pretty happy with my Mavic range but I was wondering if there were any flyers who have either P4A or A+ who could give me an idea as to the range I might expect. I’m flying over countryside and coasts (that’s where I live!), never over towns and cities.
I know that the two of them use a different comms system - Lightbridge and Ocusync, does that make a big difference here in the UK?

Hi all,
I’m thinking of getting a P4A+ to keep my Mavic Pro 1 company but I’m a little worried that it’s range may not be as good as my Mavic, here in the UK. I’m pretty happy with my Mavic range but I was wondering if there were any flyers who have either P4A or A+ who could give me an idea as to the range I might expect. I’m flying over countryside and coasts (that’s where I live!), never over towns and cities.
I know that the two of them use a different comms system - Lightbridge and Ocusync, does that make a big difference here in the UK?
The range for your part of the world is shown in the specs:
Max Transmission Distance2.400 - 2.483 GHz (Unobstructed, free of interference)
CE: 2.2 mi (3.5 km)
It should be similar to the Mavic or perhaps just a little less.
DJI's claimed range shown in specs is achievable in interference free areas and some users get even greater distances at times.
With interference, distances will be less.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj